Need Help bad

zorkthedork

i turned on my comp and i decided to get rid of AVG and try another AV, near the finished completion of uninstalling.it didnt fully finish.

but it says its uninstalled. so i was like ok ima get another AV program, but when i tried installing Avast it wont load b/c i appearntly have a AV still. so i tried to go to Add/remove programs but it wont work, so without and antivirus program and i cant add/remove programs as a last resort i wanted to restore to yesterday but i cant even do that either.

-no antivirus program

-no add/remove program

-no system restore.

i was recommened to use malwarebytes on safemode and search my whole computer.

im not sure what to do but it was frustrating me for over 5hours. i dont want to take it to geeksquad and stuff.

plz and thxs

Hi zork -

You should not run Malwarebytes in safe mode unless instructed to as it will not properly access the files you need to scan -

It is designed to run in normal mode only -

Only an expert who knows your system will reccomend if you need to run in safe mode -

If you are still having problems then follow the instructions below to fully repair your system -

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Thank You - :)

Anti-virus removal tools should be gotten from the source when possible.

McAfee

Norton

Edit: Sorry, should have read thru the thread first.

Leaving links though incase anyone else who stumbles across this thread needs them :)

I don't know if the problem is fixed or not but I recently had a similar problem with Firefox not uninstalling all the way.. (however I didn't have the other half of your problem..) but to fix it the only thing that ended up working was re-downloading it and installing it (it then determined to repair it from the install manager) and then uninstalled it again WITH SUCCESS! :) So maybe you can try that if the other solutions above didn't work.