Why I cannot download attachments in Research Center?

Omid Farhang

• Root Admin

You pretty much need to be a graduate of one of the training schools in order to obtain access.

The following are websites who host training facilities: United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

You pretty much need to be a graduate of one of the training schools in order to obtain access.

The following are websites who host training facilities: United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Thanks for the really helpful reply and links. that's what I needed.

• 2 weeks later...

This is strange, but when I try to go to the Tech Support Link listed above, I get an alert from Avira and a malicious IP address block from MBAM. This also happened earlier with that site. I was trying to find out about HP computer issues earlier this evening and also clicked on a link to that site (91.201.28.6), and I got the same message. I'm puzzled. I think I've visited there before with no trouble. Am I being redirected to another place or something?

If you Google the IP, just the number, you get about three pages of links about people (web site owners) getting malicious code written into their websites that includes that IP number. The IP is said to have trojan backdoor, according to Norton.

Threats found: 2
Here is a complete list:

Threat Name: Trojan Horse

Threat Name: Backdoor.Bifrose

I guess it could be just something on the page. MBAM will block certain smileys on forums I frequent, but leave everything else. But the "backdoor" thing makes me a little queasy. Norton wasn't the only one to designate it this way.

Thanks, Mountaintree. I tried to alert, but I think I didn't got the link to this thread sent to the person correctly.

It looks like something went wrong. If you google for

tech support forum dot com

, then click on the "more results from... " link, it shows a lot of pages from Tech Support Forum marked as "This site may harm your computer" by Google. It is usually the ones asking for help with infected systems.

That's a good site that helps a lot of people.

(Even though I put it in code, I was afraid to actually put an address in there.)

Thanks to the moderator who edited my post. I appreciate it.

@ Charlotte -

Your links were repaired by an expert - Please be careful what you post on the Open Forum -

Thank You - ;)

I agree with you. This was a particularly bad error on my part. It's probably safer for me to lurk around instead of blundering around posting. ;)

Thanks. ;)

Charlotte :)

It's okay, you didn't mean to ;)

It's fine to post of course ;) - just no clickable links unless they are links to other posts in this forum, directly from Microsofts website, Adobe's website, things like that. And definitely no clickable links to infections and/or infected websites, which you know now.

If you do find any infected website or file on a website and would like to report it, just post it here: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=44 and either leave out the http:// part or

wrap it in code tags so its not clickable

;)

Thanks, mountaintree. But.... instead of wrapping it in code, I clicked "url" or quote or something totally wrong. And to make matters worse, these were links to really really bad stuff. (What??? ;) ) Don't get me wrong here. I think I'm a pretty decent/okay person and all that, so I don't have an inferiority complex or anything. But let's face the facts here. Clearly, I'm a danger to the community!!! lol Let's just say I think I need to curtail my posting. I love this forum, so I'm not going anywhere. I'll be kind of busy, anyway, starting next week. ;)

I don't mean to brag, but though I'm not so hot at posting, I'm really an awesome lurker. ;)

Charlotte :)

You're welcome.

We all make mistakes. That's how we learn sometimes. ;)

Well, happy lurking, and of course don't hesitate to post if you have any questions or need help.

Even though I am a pretty frequent member here, I do a lot of lurking myself ;)

• 3 weeks later...