Error 732(12152,0) Problem with updates

Hi;

I have a problem with error code Error 732(12152,0). This did not happened yesterday as I did not have any problems updating. Today it just went in a snag. I am using OA Premium and have created a rule to "allow" mbam.exe/,mbamgui.exe/mbamswissarmy.sys/mbamservice.exe/mbamext.dll and had no problems until now. I also have set exclusions to my Avira Premium to allow mbam to update. When I take a look at the firewall gui it says, "connected" for mbam.exe but I get an error 732. This only happened today approximately 20 hours ago there was no problem.

I already checked the links that were posted in relation to the update problem but still I cannot update.

Please help.

I'm using MBAM free as on-demand. With Avira Premium/OA Premium as real-time. I have also HitmanPro as on-demand. My browser are Firefox and Google Chrome and using Sandboxie 3.42 paid.

Hi;

I have a problem with error code Error 732(12152,0). This did not happened yesterday as I did not have any problems updating. Today it just went in a snag. I am using OA Premium and have created a rule to "allow" mbam.exe/,mbamgui.exe/mbamswissarmy.sys/mbamservice.exe/mbamext.dll and had no problems until now. I also have set exclusions to my Avira Premium to allow mbam to update. When I take a look at the firewall gui it says, "connected" for mbam.exe but I get an error 732. This only happened today approximately 20 hours ago there was no problem.

I already checked the links that were posted in relation to the update problem but still I cannot update.

Please help.

I'm using MBAM free as on-demand. With Avira Premium/OA Premium as real-time. I have also HitmanPro as on-demand. My browser are Firefox and Google Chrome and using Sandboxie 3.42 paid.

---

Just to add:

I place MBAM in the OA Premium Exclusion list and now I am getting an error 732(12031,0).

I have uninstalled and re-installed mbam and still cannot update. In the meantime I have placed a copy of the 12/21 rules I made in the Mbam folder Application Data.

• Root Admin

That error code relates to the following.

12152 ERROR_HTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE

The server response could not be parsed

Please wait a while and try to update again later today and let us know if you're still having an issue. It could just be a temporary Internet connection issue or it could be some setting on your software. Let's wait a bit and try again first before we start looking into other possible issues.

Thank you.

That error code relates to the following.

12152 ERROR_HTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE

The server response could not be parsed

Please wait a while and try to update again later today and let us know if you're still having an issue. It could just be a temporary Internet connection issue or it could be some setting on your software. Let's wait a bit and try again first before we start looking into other possible issues.

Thank you.

----

Hi;

When I did a clean uninstall via the mbam-clean removal tool I had the opportunity to update mbam. Settings remained the same for OA Premium and Avira 9 for me. But yesterday it was all the same story again. Same error message.

I had to uninstall mbam again and reinstall it again to have the updates?

When I take a look at the firewall log it says connected but I still get the error message.

Help... ;)

• Root Admin

Please verify that your AVG is setup for file exclusions as shown here and reboot the computer: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...mp;#entry167851

Then temporarily disable your OA firewall. As long as you're not out browsing around you'll be fine for a few minutes of testing.

Then test and see if you can get updates or not.

Hi AdvancedSetup;

I am using Avira Premium version 9 and I have excluded C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware inlcuding the system32 files of mbam. I have temporarily disabled the firewall as you suggested. I had updated yesterday with the OA firewall "on" and "off" but not today. It's the same error....

Are there any suggestions that I can check further?

Regards!

Greetings voltron :D

Please do the following to see if it corrects it:

Step 1: Verify Internet Connectivity of Internet Explorer:

• Click on Start and select Run
  • In the Run box copy and paste the text in the following code box exactly as written and press Enter or click on OK:
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

• Try updating again and if it does not work then please proceed to Step 2

Step 2: Exclude Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's Files and Folders From Other Active Security Programs:

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

Now try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware once more and if it does not work then please proceed to Step 3

Step 3: Verify Your Internet Connection Settings:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Note: It MUST be Internet Explorer, not Firefox, Opera, Chrome or any other internet browser

[*]Click on Tools at the top and select Internet Options

• Note: If you do not see Tools, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will show up

[*]Click on the Connections tab

[*]Click on the LAN settings button

[*]Under Automatic configuration make sure that the box next to Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is not, then click the box next to it to check it

[*]Under Proxy server make sure that the box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections). is not checked and if it is, click the box next to it to uncheck it

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Internet Options window

[*]Try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to see if it now works correctly

Also, I know Avira recently had issues with MBAM but Avira says it should be corrected now so please check Avira for updates to see if it works after doing so.

Greetings exile360; :)

Nice to hear from you! Well I verified again and it's included in the exclusions list of OA Premium and Avira 9.

For Windows XP:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

I seem to remember that it was adviced to me when I had problems updating before and found out that it was Comodo whose blocking it..(and was eating up my resources so I switched) afterwards it was Avira 9 so I excluded it all.

Seems the problem of updating is fixeed right now. :) I haven't done anythin though...it just updated successfully the past 2 days. Now I'm in version 1.44. I'll check a little later if I'll have the problem again.

Thank you for helping me out guys! I'll get back to you when I try it again a little later.

Regards! :)

Hi guys;

Hi exile360 :) ;

Thanks for the reply.

I have no problems updating now. Have updated 2 times and it was good. I also observed that it updates fast even though my connection speed is low..seems the version 1.44 is much faster in updating.... :)

Will get back to you on this. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys;

Again I am back with the problem of th same Error 732..... :)

I am speechless to know that all my security software will update itself normally without exclusion in the firewall, but following all the guide in excluding mbam in my firewall and in my AV the problem is still persisting. It's been 6 days now. I did the complete uninstall via the use of the mbam-removal tool and re-installing it again but did not work. Have tried it again and did a clean install but it's the same. I did that for the past few days for more than 3-4x per day. :) :)

All my security softwares even when not excluded in the firewall update themselves normally..I wonder why is this so ieven if the firewall says that mbam is connected... :)

Can someone enlighten me on this... :)

Hello again voltron :)

It may not be the firewall that's blocking MBAM from connecting. Please take a look at Step 1 and Step 3 in my previous post. MBAM's updater is directly linked to the settings of Internet Explorer so if IE is not set to connect or has a proxy configured it can easily prevent MBAM from being able to download updates.

Hi exile360 :) ;

The set-up that you have identified in Steps 1 and 3 are okay. I don't use IE though..(I use Google Chrome and Firefox but setup is okay and even excluded:

http://mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org/database/rules.ref

http://mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org/database/....check.database

in both of them the same as with my AV and firewall.

Still haven't updated until now. :) :) :)

Hi exile360 B) ;

The set-up that you have identified in Steps 1 and 3 are okay. I don't use IE though..(I use Google Chrome and Firefox...

Like I said, it doesn't matter. MBAM ignores the settings for any other browsers but must have the appropriate settings for Internet Explorer. If you're still having issues with updating please let me know.

Hi exile360;

Sorry for the late reply. My updates are intermittent...sometimes I get to download updates..sometimes I cannot...I followed all suggestions and it seems that

my connection or isp is the culprit or something.

I just have to accept that my MBAM will not be up-to-date always...

Anyway thanks for the help and hope that an "UP-TO-DATE manual database updates download" is being considered ( I sincerely hope and pray for this....) atop solutions being given here.

Regards!