Fall 2024

NewTricks

It is funny, ridiculous and  absurd, but I'm calling snails quits now. The trouble is: sometimes "amusing" crosses boundaries. That's already happened a couple times. I'm at my limit. 

Fall is intended for ordinary autumn images, and daily observations. No need to resurrect past blunders.  

On 9/23/2024 at 11:42 AM, nukecad said:

Anybody else spot the meerkat/poodle cross in Daves last picture?

Well now that you mention it

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @mountaintree16

Hope you're doing well

Hello @AdvancedSetup ☺️☺️

Thank you! I'm doing pretty good, getting over a minor cold the mucus just doesn't wanna go away lol.

I hope you're doing well too ☺️☺️

• Like 3

Recently we've had some unusual bright sunny days. The berries below were perfect for learning more about my photo viewer, irfanview. I'm more confident about all digital interactions, and that led to using different functions. Collages and composites are enjoyable so I'm branching out.

The negative (invert image) function allows red, green and blue channels to be applied. The contrast of the original was perfect for this experimentation. Flipping and rotating were fun.

The 60's influence is obvious. I never left the colors or the music. Bringing it all together, my Father would often say, "It's the berries!"

BerriesFullSun.jpg

AllNegative Conversions.jpg

DelicBerries.jpg

• Haha 1

This is in the front yard of the Victorian looking house from the summer 2024 thread. Along with the single tree here and there, these bushes are the only hint of change to come. It's getting nippy weather-wise. Upper 30's, low 40's. Like those bees and rodents looking for warmer places, NewTricks is too.

Walking over 3 miles in chilly light rain is NOT gonna last. The treadmills at the Y can be cranked up to an incline of 6. Good thing they have little emergency stop clips. I wear one, always.

Bristol219.jpg

• Like 1

• Root Admin

All pretty until it's next to a drive way and then you're tracking the falling buds into the house. We have a tree that drops little red flowers and seeds on the drive. If it were up to me I'd take the tree out and replace it with another but my wife likes the tree and wants to keep it.

• Sad 1