Malwarebytes Browser Guard requesting new permissions

Go to solution Solved by ColleenJ,

Hmmm.... well, I guess it is really just down to how much I trust Malwarebytes. Letting an app modify something I am pasting into a website seems like a hijacking in itself. If the modification is on something I copy FROM a website and paste into something on my computer, I would see that more as being protective, I guess. But it isn't clear from what the message says which of those I am giving permission for.

• Staff

Hi @ColleenJ

To be clear the permission wording is completely in the control and at the discretion of Google Chrome.  The permissions are presented by them in their terminolgy.

We have a new feature to share the extension with others.  It requires us to use the clipboard.

image.thumb.png.edc917c0504b2e334451125bda61000e.png

We additionally try to protect the clipboard from malicious use.

We do NOT modify data you copy & paste.  That's unfortunate wording by Chrome that we have no control over.  

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2024 at 4:16 PM, gatortail said:

Note that the Firefox version of Browser Guard is still operating on Manifest v2, but that will also be upgraded to Manifest v3 in the next few weeks.

Why is it if Firefox will no drop support for Manifest v2?

Also v3 limit your capabilities (if want offer malicious block and ad-blocking)