Windows 7 nag about MBAM

Hi. I've just installed MBAM on a new Win 7 machine, with active protection. Everytime I boot up my machine, I get a nag from Windows asking me if I want to allow MBAM to change my machine. I have to click Yes before I can move on. It seems to be related to the security level I have, which I am reluctant to lower. But surely there's a way to tell Windows to remember my answer for a given program, isn't there?

It's Windows 7 64-bit, Home Premium, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

BTW, since I'm running MBAM with protection enabled, should I disable realtime protection in Windows Defender, to avoid conflicts?

There shouldn't be any conflicts with Windows Defender, but at the same time I'm not sure if there is any real benefit to running Windows Defender. I haven't tested it lately to see whether or not it was still worthless. It's entirely possible that, after the release of the surprisingly effective Microsoft Security Essentials, that Windows Defender also got an update that made it more effective. I need to find some time to check and see.

Hi. I've just installed MBAM on a new Win 7 machine, with active protection. Everytime I boot up my machine, I get a nag from Windows asking me if I want to allow MBAM to change my machine. I have to click Yes before I can move on. It seems to be related to the security level I have, which I am reluctant to lower. But surely there's a way to tell Windows to remember my answer for a given program, isn't there?

It's Windows 7 64-bit, Home Premium, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Yeah I think my brother has the same problem with his Windows 7 comp. It really annoys him. I think that it might be UAC. UAC is very annoying. Especially if you are an Admin. I KNOW I AM ALREADY AN ADMIN ON THIS COMPUTER I DON'T NEED A DUMB WARNING!!!!!!!!! This is why Vista failed. I think you should disable UAC or lower it until 1.42 comes out. That is the beauty of Windows 7. You can customize UAC. :(

Yeah I think my brother has the same problem with his Windows 7 comp. It really annoys him. I think that it might be UAC. UAC is very annoying. Especially if you are an Admin. I KNOW I AM ALREADY AN ADMIN ON THIS COMPUTER I DON'T NEED A DUMB WARNING!!!!!!!!! This is why Vista failed. I think you should disable UAC or lower it until 1.42 comes out. That is the beauty of Windows 7. You can customize UAC. :(

Now, if I just knew what UAC was. :)

Greetings starrigger :)

UAC=User Account Control, and I highly recommend leaving it enabled as it's an excellent security feature. As for UAC blocking Malwarebytes' on startup, it's not actually blocking Malwarebytes' Protection Module from running, it's blocking the leftover cleanup script from running again (which it doesn't need to anyway, as it's supposed to be deleted automatically). Malwarebytes' is supposed to remove the script after a reboot, but a glitch in the current version has been leaving it behind, thus requiring the reg fix that GT500 linked to in order to correct it when it occurs.

I hope I've been helpful. If you need anything else just post.