Summer 2024

NewTricks

SUMMER 2024

We are officially in the June Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere. If you want to argue I should have posted this yesterday, you can.  Nothing says "summer" more than strawberries. I've made many cobblers, this is one of the best.  Whipped cream optional, second helpings allowed.

Summer is all about flowers. The latest from local flora.

StrawberryCobbler.jpg

Radial Symmetry.jpg

• Like 2

Uh oh. My father's favorite cleaner just showed up in Penny's last text.  message. 

Simple Green.

Throughout the 80's & 90's, that particular odor was ever present at Grandpa's house. Now 24 years later, it's full circle. (I am not a fan.)

You never know what influence endures. 

simple green.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I agree. Much prefer "Bar Keeper's Friend." A powder does more.

An EDL, two weeks and 400 miles prevents me from tasting this offset smoked BBQ (didn't know there was such a thing)

Anyone else cooking outside this weekend?

SmokedBBQ.jpg

Edited by NewTricks
  • Like 1

My enhanced license journey: 

One chat with Spectrum to create a new online account, since moving 2 years ago. One phone call with a  gas provider to learn why bills couldn't print. One Brave browser download. Applicants for the EDL must provide utility bills.

One DMV visit to pay $42.50, ($12 "document fee")to have a new photo, submit paperwork and secure a temporary license. 

Facial recognition is taking over. My current license shows my head, neck and part of my shoulders. My new photo shows only my face. :o On the bright side, I wore great earrings, and one shows quite prominently. 

The target air travel date is 2 weeks away. Will I make it to share a multiple birthday celebration with my grandkids? One born 2 days before mine, one born a day later. 

• Root Admin

Yep, we lost an outdoor set once before too. It lasted a few years but we had a rare very high wind of 70 MPH for longer than just a gust. It took it all away into never never land.

We've since built fixed wooden structure that so far has withstood a few storms.

• Sad 1

• Root Admin

Let's be real here. Most people even in their twenties would have difficultly completing that without at least some amount of stretching, warming up. Even then I"m sure many still could not do. 

I've seen people not able to even touch the tip of their finger to the floor when standing straight with no knee bending

1 hour ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Let's be real here. Most people even in their twenties would have difficultly completing that without at least some amount of stretching, warming up. Even then I"m sure many still could not do. 

I've seen people not able to even touch the tip of their finger to the floor when standing straight with no knee bending

Wow, has it come to this? Are people so addicted to their screens that lack of exercise causes them not to be able to touch their toes. I'm 66, 30 lbs. overweight and I can get half of my fingers on the floor and am fairly certain with a bit of a warmup could get most of my palm on the floor with no knee bending. Now.... off to prepare supper, bbq ribeye steak and asparagus. 😋

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

people not able to even touch the tip of their finger to the floor when standing straight with no knee bending

That was me 3 weeks ago. I'm embracing one more round of physical therapy because it will help me drive for hours without pain to visit my brother.

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, digmorcrusher said:

Wow, has it come to this? Are people so addicted to their screens that lack of exercise causes them not to be able to touch their toes. I'm 66, 30 lbs. overweight and I can get half of my fingers on the floor and am fairly certain with a bit of a warmup could get most of my palm on the floor with no knee bending. Now.... off to prepare supper, bbq ribeye steak and asparagus. 😋

Some people have much longer arm reach than others. Not necessarily that they're so out of shape. But yes, there are many that are so out of shape they cannot touch.

Working on my COVID 25/30. It's coming off, really slowly. I still see the same shape, but my clothes say otherwise. Good thing I had enough faith to save them. Regarding fitness: use it or lose it. When you lose it, it's not a lark to get it back again. This is my 4th and LAST time. Yeah, I'm a slow learner.

2 hours ago, digmorcrusher said:

Wow, has it come to this? Are people so addicted to their screens that lack of exercise causes them not to be able to touch their toes.

Maybe...  It just may be that case...

• Like 1