College management site incorrectly labeled malware

Hello there! I'm the CTO of hxxps://populi.co (we run client sites at hxxps://*.populiweb.com), a SaaS college management solution for 750+ small colleges currently.

One of our colleges has a student who needs to access Populi but apparently Malwarebytes is incorrectly listing us as a malware site (I don't have access to the student's original report, unfortunately - our college passed the complaint along to us).

The college suggested that the student disable Malwarebytes in order to access Populi and that suggestion was *not* well received - so wtg building customer loyalty and trust I guess!

Can you please allowlist us, or let me know what I need to do?

Thanks!

James

• Staff
24 minutes ago, JamesHill said:

Hello there! I'm the CTO of hxxps://populi.co (we run client sites at hxxps://*.populiweb.com), a SaaS college management solution for 750+ small colleges currently.

One of our colleges has a student who needs to access Populi but apparently Malwarebytes is incorrectly listing us as a malware site (I don't have access to the student's original report, unfortunately - our college passed the complaint along to us).

The college suggested that the student disable Malwarebytes in order to access Populi and that suggestion was *not* well received - so wtg building customer loyalty and trust I guess!

Can you please allowlist us, or let me know what I need to do?

Thanks!

James

Hello-

We do not show either the domain nor the IP which the domain resides on in our database, was this perhaps a Browser Guard block only?

2 hours ago, JamesHill said:

I honestly am not familiar with your product but the student reported that "hxxps://holyapostles.populiweb.com has some type of malware."

A screenshot of the block would help tremendously. I think it is a browser guard heuristic block.

The access seems to be with Google Workspaces.

I tried to reproduce but without an account there I got the following.

image.png.7ed328fe8a733de9267870f7f2e5efdb.png

@JPopovic@BjelakovicL

Edited by Porthos