Spring 2024

NewTricks

A reward for suffering; 57 miles to an appointment that fell through the cracks. Waited +1 hour. All sound issues resolved by an implant processor guru with 14 years experience. It showed.

I believe. 🙏

Whole Foods.jpg

16 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Happy to hear of the success for the implant

Thank you!

I can compare it to the thrill you'd get if were forced to use a 😈 Chromebook 😈  for  everything, then suddenly, someone dropped off a huge box with all  parts on your wish list to build a "dream system." 

• Haha 1

Out of curiosity, I've been looking for The Band of Brothers. I found it in the college library, but it was reserved for instructors, so I couldn't take it out. Two staff members helped set up the DVD player.

The end result was: It only had captions in Spanish! 

Moved on to a 7 day free trial on HBO. (Amazon)

Just watched the 1st episode. Familiar faces, all younger of course. Intense.

I have seen all episodes of both Band of Brothers and The Pacific.  HBO played back-to-back episodes of Band of Brothers Memorial Day weekend.

Rami Malek was in a couple of Playtone Productions by and with Tom Hanks.  Several episodes of The Pacific and with Julia Roberts, Tarij Henson and Cedric the Entertainer in Larry Crowne.  Rami Malek did a wonderful portrayal of Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody !

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and/or grammar
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The purpose is to prevent any vehicular traffic. The trail is wide enough and slightly paved with loose asphalt, so all terrain vehicles can access. There was a lot of hoopla about funding this little slice of land, left over from a new development on the road at the terminus. A bit of "much ado about nothing."

I guess they made their point to encourage walkers with those gates. I think it's a bit over the top. Just in case you're colorblind, they're YELLOW (small town rural America, even in the East doesn't always make sense.)

Plus provide a way to post the TRAIL NAME SIGN. 😆

Edited by NewTricks
update
  • Like 1

Having ridden numerous paved [such as Rail-2-Trail] and off-road trails, having some form of motor vehicle blocking and signage is the norm at the trailhead.  Most will have a sign indicating "No Motor Vehicles" or "No Motor Vehicles Beyond This Point".

I encourage all to get out of the car and go for a hike or ride a trail.

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and/or grammar
  • Like 2

For the uninitiated, this is what heart rate zones look like on a Fitbit. Right side, beats per minute-up to 135 is "vigorous" and over that is "peak."

The American Heart Association recommends, 75 minutes per week in vigorous or peak zones. I doubt I'll ever get there, but once in a while is good enough for me.

heart rate zones.jpg

• Like 1