I started back using version 4. I used older versions in the past. I purchased a lifetime license back in 2009.
I checked in my account and it all seems fine, but when I try to enter the key or even log into the account with MB I get the following error:

There's an issue with your license key. Please contact Support. Submit a ticket with Support.

I have made a support ticket it's going to be 5 days tomorrow Wednesday. I saw a few posts where it can take at least 3-5 days for a response.
One of my issues is I am not sure if I totally made clear the issue in the support request and I know also from reading not to make another support request.
So I hope I did and hope they get back to me ticket #4590717.

I have tried every method of trying the key between entering it into the program and logging directly into my account through MB.

I can't imagine what I am missing. I think others had this issue id this normal?

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following:

Malwarebytes Support Tool - Advanced Options

This feature is designed for the following reasons:

• For use when you are on the forums and need to provide logs for assistance
  • For use when you don't need or want to create a ticket with Malwarebytes
  • For use when you want to perform local troubleshooting on your own

How to use the Advanced Options:

Spoiler
  1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  3. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  4. Navigate to the Advanced tab
  5. The Advanced menu page contains four categories:
    • Gather Logs: Collects troubleshooting information from the computer. As part of this process, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is run to perform a complete diagnosis. The information is saved to a file on the Desktop named mbst-grab-results.zip and can be added as an email attachment or uploaded to a forum post to assist with troubleshooting the issue at hand.
    • Clean: Performs an automated uninstallation of all Malwarebytes products installed to the computer and prompts to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows afterwards. The Premium license key is backed up and reinstated. All user configurations and other data are removed. This process requires a reboot.
    •  Repair System: Includes various system-related repairs in case a Windows service is not functioning correctly that Malwarebytes for Windows is dependent on. It is not recommended to use any Repair System options unless instructed by a Malwarebytes Support agent.
    • Anonymously help the community by providing usage and threat statistics: Unchecking this option will prevent Malwarebytes Support Tool from sending anonymous telemetry data on usage of the program.
  6. To provide logs for review click the Gather Logs button
  7. Upon completion, click OK
  8. A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  9. Please attach the file in your next reply.
  10. To uninstall all Malwarebytes Products, click the Clean button.
  11. Click the Yes button to proceed. 
  12. Save all your work and click OK when you are ready to reboot.
  13. After the reboot, you will have the option to re-install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
  14. Select Yes to install Malwarebytes.
  15. Malwarebytes for Windows will open once the installation completes successfully.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Spoiler

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: Find my premium license key

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

2 minutes ago, RD001 said:

I have made a support ticket it's going to be 5 days tomorrow Wednesday. I saw a few posts where it can take at least 3-5 days for a response.

3-5 WEEKDAYS and on top of that we just had the Good Friday and Easter holiday.

ok, thanks I did take into account the weekdays but not the Easter holiday as it was on Sunday. 
Thanks, I keep my fingers crossed it can be fixed.
Thankfully this was a new computer and I do get the 14-day trial.
But I also realize we only need premium if we want active protection.

No it says 0/1 and in 

Available devices
1 of 1

and checked it says:
Expires on
Never

I would think it would say  Device limit exceeded. if there was one activated instead I get the error message I posted.

And if by chance the 'lifetime' did expire it should give error     Your license key has expired.
And no matter what method I use to try to activate I get the error.
I tried the key I tried logging into my account with login details in MB program and that's the error I got.
I even tried the activate from the my account website and no go.

I can't get what I told support via the ticket I only have the number I am not sure I gave the proper error message.
I guess when support gets back to me I can clarify if needed to see if they can fix it.

Can a 'lifetime' expire but then again would I not get that error message instead of what I get.

8 minutes ago, RD001 said:

Or I guess I should say can one from 2009 'expire' or cause issue.

Is that the only one showing in your account?

Does your lifetime one show in your account and does the entry look like the screenshot Iposted?

Edited by Porthos

Not totally. I know it was lifetime but can't find the purchase saying it was lifetime. Even had a screenshot which I can't find. 
But can a license purchased in 2009 expire in 2015?

I think the problem is going to be deep because the purchase from Cleverbirdge back then does not say lifetime but  I know it was and like I said had a screenshot wish I could find it.
I also did buy 2 licenses that may have confused things one was normal and one was lifetime.
maybe the system got confused. I gave support the lifetime key maybe they can shed light on if it does expire.
Or if the 2 keys confused the system although my account shows the lifetime key number and says never expires.

7 minutes ago, RD001 said:

No it says 0/1

Great, Did you Try to use the key here? Did you type it with the capitals and dashes?

image.png.c3e3175135d6b09f06123fc6787f7c6b.png

If your license has an ID and KEY did you enable the following?

image.png.a060cb6f28194242d7958fedb0031b0b.png

Edited by Porthos

Yes I have tried that in all ways possible and get the same error

There's an issue with your license key.
Then says contact support.

So I should wait for them to reply via email I guess.

I want to thank you for helping.
You answered my main issue stating the holidays. I did not count them. So maybe another few days for the 5 days at least I guess.
I did take the weekend out of mt my initial count for Wednesday. SO I may be looking at Friday or even next week.

Thanks Again !!