IOBit

Run Ccleaner (it existed long before IOBit) - same interface as the privacy cleaner

HijackThis - same functionality

Spybot Search & Destroy and Spywareblaster both existed and had the same types of "passive protection" as IOBit long before IOBit existed.

Try the software I listed, it's all free, then you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. IOBit took a bunch of copyrighted existing tools and stole their code and bundled it all together in their own application in an attempt to sell their product to unsuspecting users. You can believe what you want about me and my opinions, but I've been using these tools long enough to recognize when someone has blatantly ripped them off.

I know those products. This feature was there at 2005 in Advanced SystemCare. But do you know which product has this feature first? SpyBot or Spyware Blaster?

Can you say that the idea was stolen by SpyBot or Spyware Blaster? They are not here at the same time, who steals first? Or there is a product that has the feature earlier than SpyBot and Spyware Blaster. Why SpyBot and SpywareBlaster are not popular now? There is only one winner.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know those products. This feature was there at 2005 in Advanced SystemCare. But do you know which product has this feature first? SpyBot or Spyware Blaster?

Can you say that the idea was stolen by SpyBot or Spyware Blaster? They are not here at the same time, who steals first? Or there is a product that has the feature earlier than SpyBot and Spyware Blaster. Why SpyBot and SpywareBlaster are not popular now? There is only one winner.

You fail to see what we are trying to say, and what has been proven. We are not talking about stealing ideas. We are talking about stealing the actual code from a product, placing it in your own program, and calling it your own like IOBit did.

We are not talking simply about copying ideas, IOBit stole code and used it in there own programs to make it look like their own.

How did they steal the code? Send a spy into Spyware Blaster or SpyBot company and get the code, do you think so?

It's just writing some registry keys and values, even non-programmer can do it, make a vbs batch file.

You fail to see what we are trying to say, and what has been proven. We are not talking about stealing ideas. We are talking about stealing the actual code from a product, placing it in your own program, and calling it your own like IOBit did.

You mean the source code or what else?

One of my colleague can did it, and I found that SpyBot is built by C++ and IObit uses Delphi, it's different.

Correct, only Piriform knows for sure if they were ripped off as it's their code. I'm talking about the functionality and the user interface. It just seems too many features and interfaces in that program are far too similar for me to be comfortable with.

You and everyone else here knows that they've stolen code for certain (the databases), so why would you think they didn't steal the rest of the features? When I tried the new version of IOBit I had no idea what features it had or what the interface was like, but when I saw what they had done I called them on it. That may upset you and if you want to keep supporting a company who is willing to steal from others (as I said, the DB issue is confirmed theft) go right ahead, but I won't.

You mean the source code or what else?

One of my colleague can did it, and I found that SpyBot is built by C++ and IObit uses Delphi, it's different.

Also, it's not open source project, how can they get the code?

And the code is different, one is VC++, another is Delphi Pasical, absolutely different.

Also, I think the issue is only between Malwarebytes and IObit, no more third-party vendors. IObit Security 360 was online in Sep this year, it has been only 2 months and Malwarebytes found something strange. If there is anything else, other vendors will found very soon, but it has been many years since IObit Advanced SystemCare was online, they must find the issue if there is anything deviant.

Also, it's not open source project, how can they get the code?

And the code is different, one is VC++, another is Delphi Pasical, absolutely different.

Also, I think the issue is only between Malwarebytes and IObit, no more third-party vendors. IObit Security 360 was online in Sep this year, it has been only 2 months and Malwarebytes found something strange. If there is anything else, other vendors will found very soon, but it has been many years since IObit Advanced SystemCare was online, they must find the issue if there is anything deviant.

Unless other companies haven't looked into it yet, or can't afford to file a lawsuit since they only rely on donations for profits (like Piriform). I'll be looking at Advanced SystemCare soon enough and we'll see how similar it is to tools like Defraggler etc. If I find more of the same results I found with IOBit 360 I'll be sure to post about it.

Hardly

Obviously this is going no where, as you have opinions and we have our opinions and facts.

You can only imagine without any proof. The programming language is different, that's the facts but not only the opinions.

Also, IObit Smart Defrag was online much earlier than CCleaner's Defragger.

Please check here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_defraggler/history/3/

Defraggler 1.00.031 Beta

Released: 07 Nov 2007 (2 years ago)

and

http://forums.iobit.com/archive/index.php?t-15.html

IObit SmartDefrag Beta 1.0

11-02-2006, 12:45 PM

That's the fact, Smart Defrag is earlier than Defragger for 1 year.

So, please don't just imagine without any proof.

Spybot is made by Visual C++, and IObit Security 360 is made by Borland Delphi.

First off, you can find this out and steal the database by reverse engineering, which is illegal by the way.

Second, who said we were talking about Spybot?

and Third, I believe this little discussion of yours has ran its course.

The proof is in what they've already stolen for certain (database), as for Defraggler, that was simply speculation on my part, I never said they stole that code.

Yes. You admit that it's only your "simple speculation". That's what I think, the issue is the database of Iobit security 360 itself, right?

Jim G, I find it interesting that your IP address resolves to China. We don't get too many Chinese users on these forums, and it just seems a bit odd that a Chinese person registered the other day would suddenly show up and be so insistent upon defending IOBit.

It's very suspicious, and considering the way you are arguing (against obvious truths put forth by security experts) it's obvious that you are not concerned with what is and what is not true, but only concerned with trying to make IOBit look good. I must warn you that, if you persist, your posting privileges may be revoked.

First off, you can find this out and steal the database by reverse engineering, which is illegal by the way.

Second, who said we were talking about Spybot?

and Third, I believe this little discussion has ran its course.

1)They database is not the same, please check it first, then share your opinion.

2)What are you talking about? Please specify.

3)Yes, it's out of its course. The proof is only for the database, but you said it's not only the database but all the feature, interface and even source code.

Jim G, I find it interesting that your IP address resolves to China. We don't get too many Chinese users on these forums, and it just seems a bit odd that a Chinese person registered the other day would suddenly show up and be so insistent upon defending IOBit.

It's very suspicious, and considering the way you are arguing (against obvious truths put forth by security experts) it's obvious that you are not concerned with what is and what is not true, but only concerned with trying to make IOBit look good. I must warn you that, if you persist, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Malware did have some Chinese user, maybe you don't know that. In 2008 no product can remove AntiVirus XP 2008 but only Malwarebytes. I recommended your product to many friends. Also, I'm the user of Advanced SystemCare as well.

I just want to be independent between Malwarebytes and IObit. I know that there must be something wrong with their database althought they don't admit it was stolen from Malwarebytes. I removed IObit Security 360 as well, not only it stolen the database but also it slows down my computer.

But I found it has nothing to do with Advanced SystemCare. In this forum, there is only one side, they think all of the product were stolen that I cannot agree. That's why I registered an account here.

I said what I did after testing IOBit 360. I never said that I'd analyzed the code and had proof of theft, but when you put all the information together (ie confirmed theft of the Malwarebytes' DB along with confirmed theft of the DB's of other vendors) plus the "similarities" in all of the program's features with existing legitmate free software, the pattern becomes quite clear who IOBit really is: a rogue software developer trying to make profit from the work of others.

The real question is, why would any reasonable person continue to put their trust in a security software that comes from a company confirmed to be thieves? That makes the least sense to me :) .

It seems as if IObit has requested some trolls come by and play dumb. I can verify this is true, because I am a forum regular at WOT.

This thread proves some Chinese IP addresses were registered at WOT only to post hundreds of ratings/cast votes on IObit.com's scorecard. The author of the comment, Sami, is a programmer at WOT and can back up what he says.

http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/4775-iobit-s...4#comment-22534

==

I think it is obvious who this person is that is arguing with the experts.

EDIT: Added in other info.

Malware did have some Chinese user, maybe you don't know that. In 2008 no product can remove AntiVirus XP 2008 but only Malwarebytes. I recommended your product to many friends. Also, I'm the user of Advanced SystemCare as well.

I just want to be independent between Malwarebytes and IObit. I know that there must be something wrong with their database althought they don't admit it was stolen from Malwarebytes. I removed IObit Security 360 as well, not only it stolen the database but also it slows down my computer.

But I found it has nothing to do with Advanced SystemCare. In this forum, there is only one side, they think all of the product were stolen that I cannot agree. That's why I registered an account here.

Also, I agree that the database is stolen from Malwarebytes, it's obvious, it's the fact. But others opinions like "they stolen the whole source code", you guys go too far.

It seems as if IObit has requested some trolls come by and play dumb. I can verify this is true, because I am a forum regular at WOT.

This thread proves some Chinese IP addresses were registered at WOT only to post hundreds of ratings/cast votes on IObit.com's scorecard. The author of the comment, Sami, is a programmer at WOT and can back up what he says.

http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/4775-iobit-s...4#comment-22534

==

I think it is obvious who this person is that is arguing with the experts.

EDIT: Added in other info.

It's quite usual in China. People uses ADSL to connect to internet, they don't have actual IP but a virtual IP, so you will find that a lot of people are using the same IP.

Also, I agree that the database is stolen from Malwarebytes, it's obvious, it's the fact. But others opinions like "they stolen the whole source code", you guys go too far.

Perhaps, but again, the real question is, why support a company that you yourself believe has committed theft in any way by using or promoting any of their software?

I never said they stole the code, but it really really looks that way. It was like a nauseating deja-vu when I played with 360. The more of the built in features I tried, the more I realized that everything in it was exactly like other well known programs. That upset me and no one else had commented on it, so I chose to do so.

I respect what you've said and I understand that it's entirely possible that I'm wrong about this, but the DB issue is a confirmed one (at least by you, and many users like you who have read the available information and/or done testing on their own to confirm it). That is the primary issue here, the other stuff that I posted was just an FYI for others to take a look at and try for themselves, that's why I listed the programs that they seemed to be stealing from or imitating to an uncomfortable degree (uncomfortable for me at least, but obviously not for yourself, which is fine, it's your computer and you choose the software that you will and won't use on it).

Nobody said that IOBit stole the whole source code from MBAM my friend.

exile360 did. I'm just talking to him but not MBAM admin. Please check previous post in this thread.

Firstly, I said that there is no problem with the program itself, the problem is the database, and you guys said it's not only the database but the interface, the idea, the feature, right?