Need to reinstall Malwarebytes Pro

Recently my Malwarebytes Pro application went into eternal scan mode. Apparently, the application went into a self-initiated scan and remained in that mode. This, of course, greatly degraded the speed of my computer. It wasn’t worth using. When I investigated, I discovered Malwarebytes had been scanning for over 9 hours and had scanned 0 files. Every attempt to stop or cancel the scan failed. On the advice from somewhere in this forum (if I recall correctly in my hunting), I used Malwarebytes Uninstall tool to remove the application. I now find out that I cannot get access to Malwarebytes Pro to reinstall it. My subscription is good until July of 2023. As a registered Malware Pro user, how do I access the application for reinstallation? I’m on a Mac desktop computer running Venture 13.6.1. I won’t waste my breath on software releases with bugs as fatal as this.

18 minutes ago, FredM said:

I now find out that I cannot get access to Malwarebytes Pro to reinstall it.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479294-Install-Malwarebytes-for-Mac-v4

18 minutes ago, FredM said:

When I investigated, I discovered Malwarebytes had been scanning for over 9 hours and had scanned 0 files. Every attempt to stop or cancel the scan failed.

All you had to do was restart the Mac and update Malwarebytes to correct the issue.

Edited by Porthos

Thank you Porthos. (I love your dog). Your advice would have been good to know two days ago. That advice did not surface in the purgatory of online solution searching into which Malwarebytes invites one and all over most any problem. And this is a very basic problem and I assume not particularly rare.  In any case, the thing is deleted now; I’m still a subscriber; I want and have paid for access. Also, irrelevant as it may be, I was finding guidance that claimed to be successful and that guidance was to uninstall and reinstall. The guidance made no mention at all of any issue around reinstalling. So, meaning no rudeness to yourself or to Malwarebytes, what now? What I see currently as a paid user is a brick wall. I’m not content for Malwarebytes to take my money and not deliver what I am paying for. It’s such a simple thing really. Yet, contact with Malwarebytes in my experience inevitably leads to the question “Where do I go now?” So yes, I’m reaching out to a community I’m new to. Maybe some of you have felt my pain. Any guidance anyone? My thanks, for sure.

6 minutes ago, FredM said:

Your advice would have been good to know two days ago. That advice did not surface in the purgatory of online solution searching into which Malwarebytes invites one and all over most any problem.

In the future please come to this forum if you have any future issues. The last 2 topics here before you posted were related to this and had the answer to the issue posted.

image.thumb.png.f9f336dd726be6c43c2d3273ad8d0d61.png

• Staff
1 hour ago, FredM said:

What I see currently as a paid user is a brick wall.

I'm not sure that I understand what the issue is. Can you explain what you're having difficulty with in terms of reinstalling?

There is a "Free download" button at the top of every (or almost every) page on the main malwarebytes.com site. Clicking that should download the installer. Are you having trouble with that download, or are you having a problem with some part of the installation process?