Exploit Protection settings

• Root Admin

We have already per-selected the best options for most customers. Except in cases where a trained or qualified technician is assisting you there normally isn't too much reason to make any changes.

Please set the system back to Default settings @frerejacque just as @Porthos has suggested.

image.png

image.png

If you are having issues with the computer and believe it may be infected, please gather some logs for us and we'll assist you in reviewing the logs

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

14 hours ago, Porthos said:

Leave it on DEFAULT settings.

Why do you ask?

I hope I'm posting in the right spot.  MWB blocked my MS Word program and it took me a week to finally resolve.

Julia on email support said to go to Advanced Memory Protection  scroll to Malicious Return Address Detection and Uncheck MS Office.

My Word Doc then came back.

I followed your instructions and Restored Defaults on Application Hardening.

I'm so afraid of checking the wrong box.

Obviously I don't know what I'm doing but I do follow direx and appreciate your help very much.  

Please advise if these ss's are correct.  

Screenshot (1245).png

Screenshot (1247).png

Screenshot (1248).png

Screenshot (1249).png

Screenshot (1250).png

Just now, Porthos said:

Restore defaults again an only change the ONE thing you were asked to do.

Thank you Porthos, but do you mean Restore All Defaults on everything.?  I'm sorry if I'm not getting it but I want to do the right thing.

Do I Restore All Defaults under every heading under those topics?   I changed some settings when I was trying to get my Word back.  I really need help on getting the settings right again.  

Just now, frerejacque said:

Can you advise on anything else

If you do the following it will give the info to advise you further,

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your system.

Please restart the computer and do the following.

WARNING: Do Not click the Repair option under Advanced unless requested by a Malwarebytes support agent or authorized helper

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop (usually C:\Users\Public\Desktop), please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

If you do the following it will give the info to advise you further,

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your system.

Please restart the computer and do the following.

WARNING: Do Not click the Repair option under Advanced unless requested by a Malwarebytes support agent or authorized helper

• A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop (usually C:\Users\Public\Desktop), please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

OK I will do this now.  I hope I don't screw it up.  Thank you.

22 minutes ago, frerejacque said:

A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop (usually C:\Users\Public\Desktop), please upload that file on your next reply

Porthos, Please help..

I could not find the file after running the Support Tool.  I need help locating.  I use Chrome Browser.