Malwarebytes support tool unable to download FRST for some reason.

Badran

Hi,

Recently I discovered that when launching the support tool, FRST would not be downloaded correctly for whatever reason. I was told to make a post here.

I’m able to download the tool from bleeping computer and such but the support tool is unable to download it properly for some reason. Maybe this is a regional issue, as I’m not from America. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue. I want to say this started occurring after the 8th, which is also when Malwarebytes was unable to download definition updates until yesterday. Haven’t downloaded anything at all either, so I’m really puzzled.

I also wanted to originally update some software today,  but I don’t know if I should. Also just found out that Windows decided to download cumulative update, which is just great.

IMG_0292.jpeg

Edited by Badran

• Root Admin

SecurityCheck by glax24              

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire about the current security update status of some applications.
CheckSecurity is a utility for quickly checking for the presence of vulnerable applications

• Temporarily disable Microsoft SmartScreen to download the software
  • Download SecurityCheck by glax24: https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe
  • If SmartScreen blocks the file from running click on More info and Run anyway
  • This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive. You can check the VirusTotal scan of the tool from here
  • Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"  and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open a text file named SecurityCheck.txt Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheckC:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

Checked parameters:

1. User Account Control (UAC).
  2. Service pack.
  3. IE version.
  4. Automatic OS update. Sets of critical KB patches when updating is disabled.
  5. Antivirus, firewall, other security utilities.
  6. Versions of Java, Oracle Virtualbox.
  7. Version of Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR.
  8. Versions of Adobe Reader, Acrobat Reader DC, Foxit Reader.
  9. Versions of media players (iTunes, AIMP, foobar2000).
  10. Versions of messengers (Skype, Pidgin).
  11. Versions of installed browsers (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Yandex, SeaMonkey).
  12. Versions of mail programs (The Bat, Thunderbird).
  13. Checking running processes and security program services
  14. Searching for installed Adware programs and optimizer programs (More than 5000).

Thank you

Okay, I've done it now.

Still haven't updated Firefox yet either.

Had to shut off my computer again. If needed I can take run this again later, as I’ll try to stay up as opposed to going to bed at 7pm. Last few weeks have been quite hectic unfortunately.

I also haven’t really done any extensive testing with the support tool. I haven’t used it to gather logs, I haven’t launched it again to see if it would complete the download etc.

I don’t know if this is specific to me or not.

SecurityCheck.txt

Edited by Badran

Forgot to say after last night, but after I decided to launch the support tool again, and it seems like the issue no longer persists and downloads correctly. Must’ve been a problem with the server or something, so hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

If needed I can submit some logs later.

I also need to clean up the Security Check thing since that creates a folder and stuff once it’s run.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you