Malwarebytes Native Message Service Stopped Working

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NewTricks said:

The recent version resolved problems I'd noticed. After 11 days, (dog years in the digital world) native messaging is sleeping once again. 

Hi NewTricks:

Good to hear your Malwarebytes Native Message Service - Stopped Working errors have stopped.

Are you still having problems with the Windows Update failures you mentioned <here> in your 17-Sep-2023 post?

If so you might want to read my 16-Sep-2023 post # 2587839 in the AskWoody forum thread September Patches, Apple Headlines and Browsers! about a problem I frequently encounter where Windows Update prompts me to restart my computer as soon as any available Microsoft .NET Framework update finishes installing (i.e., as soon as the status changes from "Installing" to "Pending Restart") even though my monthly Quality Update is still downloading or installing.  This early "Restart Now" prompt has become a common issue in the past year or so - see TechTango's 02-Oct-2023 post <here> for more details - and my September 2023 Patch Tuesday updates were especially problematic and ran very slowly on my Win 10 machine because the monthly Quality Update KB5030211 included a new Windows Backup app.

Whenever Windows Update prompts me to "Restart Now" I now know that I should open my Windows Update settings at Settings | Update & Security | Windows Update just to confirm that all updates have finished installing and have a status of "Pending Restart". Many Win 10 / Win 11 users in the AskWoody forum now use a utility called WUMgr to give themselves greater control over their Windows updates and avoid this early "Restart Now" problem.

EDIT:

I just found your March 2023 thread Malwarebytes and Windows Update Glitchy. If you're still having Windows Update problems be sure to let us know if you are still using that same Windows 7 computer.  I don't' have sufficient privileges in this forum to open your attached mbst-grab-results.zip files and see your system specs.
----------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3448 * Firefox v118.0.1 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23080.2006-1.1.23090.2007 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.3.282-1.0.2158 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7279

Edited by lmacri
Added question RE: Windows OS
  • Like 1

Thank you @lmacri Today is the very first day in recent memory that my reliability monitor has shown 7 whole days without errors of any kind! Of course, it's still early here, but I rejoice in every error-free day. I'm off to class now, but will take time to read your message, embedded posts and make notes. Your suggestions and directions are appreciated.

The Windows 7 computer is permanently off line. So the only one I use now is a Dell 3910. There are problems within Dell's Support Assist, but the one function I use daily still works.  It must be addressed with Dell, which I will do eventually. I failed multiple task juggling in life. I'm a "one problem at a time person.."

2 hours ago, NewTricks said:

Thank you @lmacri Today is the very first day in recent memory that my reliability monitor has shown 7 whole days without errors of any kind! Of course, it's still early here, but I rejoice in every error-free day. I'm off to class now, but will take time to read your message, embedded posts and make notes. Your suggestions and directions are appreciated.

The Windows 7 computer is permanently off line. So the only one I use now is a Dell 3910. There are problems within Dell's Support Assist, but the one function I use daily still works.  It must be addressed with Dell, which I will do eventually. I failed multiple task juggling in life. I'm a "one problem at a time person.."

For my pc been over a month have to check my dad's laptop but the last I remember was about 2 weeks ago have used my laptop for over a month I think probably should get rid of since I don't really use it

On 10/4/2023 at 8:43 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

The topic is from 2021 for the utility WuMgr for Windows 10.  NewTricks is running Windows 11

Hi AdvancedSetup:

WuMgr (available at https://github.com/DavidXanatos/wumgr) is also compatible with Windows 11 - see the replies to my post #2591562 in the AskWoody tutorial 6000002 Guide to Using WUMGR for Windows 10 Updates from Win 11 users who use this utility to manage their Windows updates.  The current WuMgr v1.1 was released on 11-Dec-2019 before the official release of Windows 11 on 05-Oct-2021, which is likely why some documentation still refers to this utility as WuMgr for Windows 10.

WUMgr v1.x and Windows Update Mini Tool v22.x are both currently recommended by Susan Bradley (MS MVP and AskWoody Newsletter publisher) at https://blockapatch.com/.

Regardless, there may be other ways that NewTricks can fix their Windows Update problem (e.g., by running the built-in Windows Update Troubleshooter) if their Windows updates are still failing.
------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3448 * Firefox v118.0.1 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23090.2008-1.1.23090.2007 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.4.286-1.0.2163 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7279

Edited by lmacri
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dear @lmacri, @AdvancedSetup & others. I am happy to report that the Windows Update is working well for the 12th day now. I do hold my breath when waiting for the reliability monitor though. 😉 I updated MB on the basis of a post by 1PW I believe and all systems are optimal. 

My own processes have been amended significantly, permanently. I give the Dell "breathing room", don't rush in to update a moment after morning wake up, am not updating as much, twice a day is plenty. I respect warnings from MB, that hasn't changed, but if I run into a problem and try my own work-around that doesn't fix it, I leave it alone, period. Many times these things resolve inexplicably on their own. If I find a "tidbit" from other topics, I use it. I no longer stress about "Rootkits" on the basis of Porthos' explanation. Who knows if this oasis will continue? While it does, I am cherishing every moment. Thank you for the concern and the help. 💝

• Thanks 1