Fall 2023

NewTricks

This link has been cleared by an admin with a clean VirusTotal report: Just A Car Guy

There's daily tidbits, mostly about old cars, farm machinery & web curiosities.

I liked this one because his sister created a fun display from old rusting cans & electrical tape. No visit to a HALLOWEEN SPIRIT store required. 

387638088_345691357844336_4829701509780605392_n.jpg

Edited by NewTricks
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Alley Cats-Duke of Earl  Those flames on that shirt are so, so, so RETRO!  Army veteran Eugene Drake Dixon (Gene Chandler) popularized this song and purchased a monocle, cape, top hat and cane after this song spent 3 weeks at number one position the Billboard Chart. He became the Duke of Earl. This never fails to amuse me.

Edited by NewTricks
  • Like 1

Hang on-I was all set to talk about Pointilism, but detoured into Autostereogram once I flipped my images. I noticed a center strip, starting halfway down & continuing all the way to the bottom. That reminded me of those 2D maddening images you stared at until a 3D image appeared. Popular back a couple decades ago.

The walnuts have dropped & decayed. Above all, this is the essence of fall, beautiful in its own right.

Pointilism.jpg

1020231354.jpg

October 23, 2023-another anniversary for NewTricks

1. recalling the journey from SpyBot, Trend Micro and Zone Alarm to Malwarebytes
  2. 9 months of MB forum posting
  3. discovering settings, email headers, elevated command prompts, reliability monitor, Win11, the value of backups, the joys of remote access
  4. enjoying people from around the world, tastes in music, mutual appreciation and love of cats, flowers, puzzles, color and baking

The 23rd happens to be significant in my life. My daughter was born on that date, I discovered the forum on the 23rd. And now I'm going on a journey today. I wouldn't call it a "stay-cation" because there's no rest or reprieve, but it's definitely in the stay category. At home, a lot. And though I live on the second floor, and my front door opens into a hallway, I pretend that this view from a window is my "back door."

Leon Russell sings A Song for You. These lyrics are my favorite.

"I love you in a place where there's no space and time
Love you for my life, darling, you're a friend of mine"

Have a great day; expect something wonderful to happen to YOU 💖

mybackdoor.jpg

Edited by NewTricks
typo

I've crossed a threshold into being a true, if temporary, bionic woman. Beside electronics in my head, an electrode array in my ear, I now have a titanium "clip" and a radar transmitter in the right side of my chest. Two tests were performed to confirm placement. One I heard, one others saw.

Next Monday, more fun. Radioactive dye, and the all the "seeds" come out. I'm thrilled to live in the USA where this is all possible and advances in medicine are adopted early. As some people would say, "ooooooooorah!" 💯 I prefer to think of myself as Zena the Warrior Princess. (yes, IN COSTUME!)

Yes, more years please.

• Thanks 1