Another reason for users to abandon operating systems older than Window 10.

Porthos

Steam will drop support for Windows 7 and 8 in January 2024

Valve announced that its Steam online game platform will officially drop support for the Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 platforms starting January 1st, 2024.

Once it reaches the end-of-support date, the Steam Client software will stop working on these out-of-support Windows versions, with Valve recommending users to upgrade to a more recent Windows version to continue playing their games via Steam.

"This change is required as core features in Steam rely on an embedded version of Google Chrome, which no longer functions on older versions of Windows," Valve said.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/steam-will-drop-support-for-windows-7-and-8-in-january-2024/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, brad03 said:

With Microsoft offering free updates no reason not to upgrade and if your system is not qualified, I'm sorry to say it's time for an upgrade. 

Users always have 1001 excuses why they do not want to use Windows 10 and newer.

I can sympathize with the financial reasons. The rest not so much.

I nor any of my clients have a dog in this fight.

• Like 2