Filters blocking video player that is used by many news stations in the USA

Chas4
Go to solution Solved by ceckelberry,

https://video.tegna-media.com/

Tenga owns a lot of news stations in the US

image.thumb.png.e6dcd3eb9a305724fdda847276ca43bb.png

7 hours ago, thisisu said:

Hello, can you provide logs while in Safari for this one?

image.png.4bc93f407a99be72f23ec66167e01d0f.png

image.png.bc6c15be3dfd29c7b313acb4b9ac47f1.png

Thank you

@thisisu There is no Download Debug log in the Safari extension like the Chromium one I am guessing that is from

image.thumb.png.e15bb73be3b8a9f6b0070c16105c970f.pngimage.thumb.png.0a01d80946dc24e46d949d1f57a58d71.png

• 3 weeks later...

@thisisu Is there another way to grab the logs?

Weird as Browser Guard is the only ad & content blocker I have (others are to old so Safari does not load them at all).  @treed Is there a way to grab the logs?

I think the logs will also show as to why the scam blocker is broken also (it stopped working a few extension versions ago)

• Staff

To accomplish blocking Browser Guard for Safari uses Apple Content Blockers; all logging info in regards to it is unfortunately not available to us.

Moreover, I created a test site with https://video.tegna-media.com/ embedded and was not able to reproduce the block on the latest database.

Are you still seeing this issue? Perhaps providing the site you are seeing the issue will enable us to dig in further.

4 hours ago, ceckelberry said:

To accomplish blocking Browser Guard for Safari uses Apple Content Blockers; all logging info in regards to it is unfortunately not available to us.

Moreover, I created a test site with https://video.tegna-media.com/ embedded and was not able to reproduce the block on the latest database.

Are you still seeing this issue? Perhaps providing the site you are seeing the issue will enable us to dig in further.

Still seeing it, any video on 9news.com  

I know it is not the scam blocker as that does not load at all for me.

• Staff

Reviewed with the team, this is a valid adserver block. 

Apologies as well, I realize I didn't share instructions for Safari.

If you wish to disable this ad block on Safari, open the extension popup and turn of Ads/Trackers for that website. Unfortunately, Safari isn't as granular so the category has to be turned off entirely by site.

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 6.13.59 PM.png

So you are saying one of the biggest news companies in the US has all their videos on an ad server?  This used to work last year.

Also can't turn off the ad blocker on that site as the ads cause big CPU spikes (have for years)

Scam blocker has been broken since mid last year, 100% failure to load, already tried to reinstall and there is another forum post for that bug.

Edited by Chas4

Confirmed working again with a the new db update

• Thanks 1