Internet drops (doesn't disconnect) when doing a scan

Hi there, I noticed that when MB scans my system, whether it's a manual scan or automated, the internet drops. The internet doesn't disconnect, I have it plugged in via ethernet and the ethernet icon is still there, if I'm in a discord call I remain in the call able to talk and be heard and all that good stuff. But internet searches just report back that I'm offline. Everything on my computer detects that I'm offline, yet I know I'm online thankfully because of being in a discord call. Is there any way around this? Does the web protection cause this?

I'm sorry the software isn't working properly but we'll do our best to help.

To begin, Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thanks

2 hours ago, ronjonson said:

I noticed that when MB scans my system, whether it's a manual scan or automated, the internet drops.

I have never seen or heard that issue with anyone. I also did not see anything that sticks out in your logs.

Lets use the same support tool and do a clean uninstall and reinstall.

Please close all browsers and programs before running the tool. Right click and quit MB from the system tray also.

Once done it will attempt to reinstall both Malwarebytes and Privacy VPN.

Please say no and close the X button on the top right for Privacy.

image.png.c3a6c94848812b674a896017df3dc1fc.png
  • Like 1