google.com websites blocked by malwarebytes

syncronaut
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

For all / for anyone who may still be getting a "block" notice message for anything "GOOGLE" .....

Do a Check for Update using the Malwarebytes Settings >> General tab.

See this Support Guide https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042187934-Check-for-updates-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows

There had been a false positive earlier this Wednesday 21 SEPT. Now fixed if you just do a Update run. With much regret for all the trouble.

Good job, MWB.

I thought my waterfox browser was infected, scanned, found nothing, uninstalled it with revo, tried edge, realized it wasn’t waterfox, had to fight my main security program to access its own forums, realized it just needed an update, which for some reason didn’t automatically happen despite it being set to auto update.

Did a system restore, waterfox couldn’t load XPCOM, ended up having to reinstall waterfox entirely.

congratulations, I’ve lost my bookmarks, settings, and addons, because you pushed an update that could not have possibly gotten past testing even if a lobotomized chimpanzee was doing the testing.

one shudders to imagine the damage done to businesses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello. 

This has been fixed by a database update Please do a manual update.

image.png.aae9bd5ccbb6e0b0a7be56b3ae4b2ab3.png

Do a Check for Update using the Malwarebytes Settings >> General tab.

Please also see  this Support Guide https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042187934-Check-for-updates-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows

3 minutes ago, VELINDA said:

p[iece of ***** software, I couldn't find where to turn it off, to use gogle

You can turn it off by right-clicking on the icon in the taskbar or by opening the application. See here for screenshots: 

Did you update to get package version 1.0.60360 and then restart the computer? You may need to quit Malwarebytes before restarting. I know the previous package version, 1.0.60359 did not fix the problem. 1.0.60360 seems to be working.