google.com websites blocked by malwarebytes

syncronaut
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

29 minutes ago, Delvithia said:

Did Malwarebyes restart?  that's the exact same configuration I have for the software except after restart of the application things worked.

Yes, I had restarted, but it still did not fix it. There was just another update, package version 1.0.60360. This appears to work. For now, anyway. Other posts seem to imply it's not a complete fix, though.

2 minutes ago, RR1 said:

I had a few users asking to uninstall temporarily. Im trying to create a policy to exclude all google services, but keeps crashing

Yep, my usual canaries went bonkers.  I managed to flip a few of them to Firefox/DuckDuckGo as a workaround.

Home machine with consumer level install self-resolved already.  Nebula clients are still hosed & my Nebula console still slow/crashes.

8 minutes ago, RandomUserName said:

I wonder if ad blocking and anti-tracking software that removes links/calls to ad services like Google's have actually helped avoid this Malwarebytes mistake for some users.

The problem is far more general, as it's blocking legitimate URLs, not just the ad-related or tracking-related ones. I run uBlock Origin, and it was blocking everything related to Google, and as others have reported, other sites as well. Major, major mess up on Malwarebytes. As I noted, package version 1.0.60360 appears to fix the problem for now.

Yes I realize that there are already many messages for all things google being blocked.  But I wanted to share my story.

To report a false positive, I needed to create an account here on the Malwarebytes Forum.  Ok, no problem.  Set up an account.  And of course, it sends a validation email.  Ok, check my email.  Oh wait, google is blocked.  Can't get to my gmail account.  Anyway, found a work around and here I am.

This is ridiculous.  Google of all things.