Gmail fused with Evernote??

I just noticed that every time I send an email out from my Gmail that it says that it comes from an Evernote Account.  I am unsure as to what exactly that means and I  am wondering why my gmail account even says it is affiliated with an Evernote Account.  Can anyone assist me as to whether this is just a misunderstanding or something malicious?  Thanks

Hello @Protos97 and :welcome::

While you are waiting for the next qualified/approved malware removal expert helper to weigh in on your topic, and even though you may have run one or more of its following procedural steps, please carefully follow the instructions within the following:

I'm infected - What do I do now?

Remember, please be certain to attach (not Copy and Paste) the three (3) resulting report files in your next reply to this topic.

Thank you.

• Root Admin

Just checking. Did you create this account?

7369F34D1C9648439DB4

7369F34D1C9648439DB4 (S-1-5-21-3100339783-2837260352-536683996-1009 - Limited - Enabled)

Please go to Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features and uninstall the following

Bonjour

Why do you have your DNS Server set to your local system?

Your DNS Servers: 127.0.0.2

Please enable System Protection and create a new System Restore Point

CHR Notifications: Default -> hxxps://my.norton.com

Are you sure you want this enabled or allowed? Push Notifications on your browser appear to be enabled.

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/technology/2019/01/browser-push-notifications-feature-asking-abused/

Turn notifications on or off - Google Chrome

Web Push notifications in Firefox

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop or location where you ran FRST from.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Please make sure you disable any real-time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed, make sure you re-enable it.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or wherever you ran FRST from. Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

NOTE-1:  This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity. Depending on the speed of your computer this fix may take 30 minutes or more.

NOTE-2: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications will be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed. The use of an external password manager is highly recommended instead of using your browser to store passwords.

NOTE-3: As part of this fix it will also reset the network to default settings including the firewall. If you have custom firewall rules you need to save please export or save them first before running this fix.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome, and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Discord cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

3 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Just checking. Did you create this account?

7369F34D1C9648439DB4

7369F34D1C9648439DB4 (S-1-5-21-3100339783-2837260352-536683996-1009 - Limited - Enabled)

idk what that is.  

Why do you have your DNS Server set to your local system?

Your DNS Servers: 127.0.0.2

Idk what this is either.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop or location where you ran FRST from.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

So, I have several files that the frst scan gave me.  They are renamed and I was wondering which of the four that I am to group with this script

• Root Admin

You should have Windows SHOW File Extensions before going to the next step.

https://www.howtogeek.com/205086/beginner-how-to-make-windows-show-file-extensions/

The Farbar program is located in your Downloads folder

C:\Users\Chad\Downloads\FRST64 (2).exe

You should actually rename it to FRSTEnglish64.exe and use that to run the FIX as described above.

The other files you have there from scans do not matter at this time. You can ignore them.

• Root Admin

Great, that was a good run. It found and removed unwanted items. It also found and fixed some issues.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.

Please run the following

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Please make sure you Exit out of any other program you might have open so that the sole task is to run the following scan.   
That goes especially for web browsers, make sure all are fully exited out of and messenger programs are exited and closed as well

STEP 1

Please set File Explorer to SHOW ALL folders, all files, including hidden ones.  Use OPTION ONE or TWO of this article

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7078-turn-off-show-all-folders-windows-10-navigation-pane.html

STEP 2

I suggest a new scan for viruses & other malware. This may take several hours, depending on the number of files on the system and the speed of the computer.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free Microsoft stand-alone virus scanner that can be used to scan for & remove malware or potentially unwanted software from a system. 

The download links & the how-to-run-the tool are at this link at Microsoft 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download

Look on the Scan Options & select the FULL scan.

Then start the scan. Have lots of patience. It may take several hours.

• Once you see it has started, take a long long break;  walk away.  Do not pay credence if you see some intermediate early flash messages on the screen display.  The only things that count are the End result at the end of the run.
  • The scan will take several hours.  Leave it alone. It will remove any other remaining threats as it goes along.  Take a very long break, do your normal personal errands .....just do not use the computer during this scan.

This is likely to run for many hours as previously mentioned  ( depending on the number of files on your machine & the speed of the hardware.)

The log is named MSERT.log  and the log will be at C:\Windows\debug\msert.log

Please attach that log with your next reply.

It is normal for the Microsoft Safety Scanner to show detections during the scan process. It is scanning for basically all bread crumbs or traces of files and registry entries that "might" be or have been part of some infection or previous infection.

That DOES NOT mean the computer is infected. Once the scan has been completed it uploads the log to their Cloud service which then uses Artificial Intelligence to determine if in fact any of the traces are an infection or not.

Then it writes into the log on your computer what it found.

ok I have the logs finished but I need to boot up my other computer.  On the other hand though I noticed something odd when using this machine.  When logging into ultimate guitar tabs (using that email mentioned in this thread) and starting one of its features called midi sync, all  the sudden all the bandwidth on my router went from 100 to 20.  It wouldn't stop until the site was logged out.  Could this be an coincidence?  I do not think something like this can bottleneck my entire routers bandwidth.

• Root Admin

I have no idea what the site is or how it operates. 

Let's go ahead and do another 3rd party antivirus scan and see what they find, if anything.

Please download and run the following Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2020 and save it to your Desktop.

(Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool version 20.0.10.0 was released on November 9, 2021)

Download: Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

How to run a scan with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2020
https://support.kaspersky.com/15674

How to run Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2020 in the advanced mode
https://support.kaspersky.com/15680

How to restore a file removed during Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2020 scan
https://support.kaspersky.com/15681

Select the  image.png  Windows Key and R Key together, the "Run" box should open.

user posted image

Drag and Drop KVRT.exe into the Run Box.

user posted image

C:\Users\{your user name}\DESKTOP\KVRT.exe will now show in the run box.

image.png

add -dontencrypt   Note the space between KVRT.exe and -dontencrypt

C:\Users\{your user name}\DESKTOP\KVRT.exe -dontencrypt should now show in the Run box.

image.png

That addendum to the run command is very important, when the scan does eventually complete the resultant report is normally encrypted, with the extra command it is saved as a readable file.

Reports are saved here C:\KVRT2020_Data\Reports and look similar to this report_20210123_113021.klr
Right-click direct onto that report, select > open with > Notepad. Save that file and attach it to your reply.

To start the scan select OK in the "Run" box.

A EULA window will open, tick all confirmation boxes then select "Accept"

image.png

In the new window select "Change Parameters"

image.png

In the new window ensure all selection boxes are ticked, then select "OK" The scan should now start...

user posted image

When complete if entries are found there will be options, if "Cure" is offered leave as is. For any other options change to "Delete" then select "Continue"

user posted image

When complete, or if nothing was found select "Close"

image.png

Attach the report information as previously instructed...

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks