Malwarebytes AdwCleaner detects HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node as PUP

Hi I am new here so I'm not sure where to post this,

I recently had my browser redirect a site I was looking at to a page that seemed legit claiming that Opera was out of date and auto downloaded a js file. Don't know much about this type of thing so i'm not sure if the file did something so I deleted it right away and scanned with malwarebytes but nothing came up. I then scanned with adwcleaner and it detected 12 pup.optional.legacy registry key HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\\Classes\CLSID\EBC25C...

Not sure if I should remove it but a few searches said it was needed to operate windows? What should I do? 

screenshotpup.png

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Corrected font issue

Hello @ck16  and  :welcome:

My name is MKDB and I will assist you.

• Please follow the steps in the given order and post back the logs as an attachment when ready. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
  • Temporarily disable your antivirus or other security software first. Make sure to turn it back on once the scans are completed.
  • Temporarily disable Microsoft SmartScreen to download software below if needed. Make sure to turn it back on once the scans are completed.
  • As English is not my native language, please do not use slang or idoms. It may be hard for me to understand.

I will guide you along on looking for potential malware. Lets keep these principles as we go along.

• Searching, detecting and removing malware isn't instantaneous, please be patient. Please stick with me until I give you the "all clear".
  • Only run the tools I guide you to.
  • Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs while I'm working with you.
  • Cracked or hacked or pirated programs are not only illegal, but also will make a computer a malware victim. Having such programs installed, is the easiest way to get infected. It is the leading cause of ransomware encryptions. It is at times also big source of current trojan infections. Please uninstall them now, if any are here, before we start the cleaning procedure.

Step 1

• Please download the Malwarebytes Support Tool (MBST).
  • Run MBST.
  • In the left navigation pane of MBST, click Advanced.
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine.
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply.

Thank you!

hi thx for the response, i don't have the laptop because my mom took the laptop to someone she knows to check it out yesterday so i am using my pc at the moment. she just told me that the person is looking into it so i'm not sure if they will find something or not. i'm not sure if i need help since my mom was the one that bought malwarebytes premium subscription. i don't have the laptop for now but just for the future, is malwarebytes premium enough to protect my device or should i ask my mom to buy another software on top of malwarebytes? 

Hi,

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is enough. Another software on top is not needed.

I thought that you have your laptop, so we could have a look on your system and check what AdwCleaner detected. Maybe it was a false positive or only some orphans.

I'll keep your topic open for three more days, just let me know if you need help or not.

Thank you @ck16 for using Malwarebytes.

Edited by MKDB