License issue with Malwarebytes

I've had the same issue (I activated the key and 2 days later my key no longer works and I get a "You've hit your device limit error") but my key does not come from G2A.com and actually comes an Authorized reseller so what I am reading in the thread does not make sense. 

I even have proof from your support chat (I did this chat when you actually had chat support in the past) that the place where I bought this from is an Authorized reseller.

So could it be that a Microsoft update (since this week was Patch Tuesday) is causing since my key is from an authorized reseller.

Malwarebytes-Xcel-Authorized-Reseller.png

9 minutes ago, Weston1973 said:

I've had the same issue (I activated the key and 2 days later my key no longer works and I get a "You've hit your device limit error") but my key does not come from G2A.com and actually comes an Authorized reseller so what I am reading in the thread does not make sense. 

You should have started your own topic. Your issue is NOT exactly the same.

It is exactly the same.   These people are reporting buying a key from G2A.com activating it only for the key to be killed a few days later which happened EXACTLY the exact same as my key from an authorized reseller so do NOT tell me this is not the same.  It is exactly the same except that my key is from an authorized reseller and their keys are from G2A.com and it BOTH cases they are getting "you've hit your device limit" error once they try to activate the key that worked a couple of days prior so my issue will remain in this thread until someone who actually knows what they are talking about actually gives me a valid response.

1 minute ago, Weston1973 said:

It is exactly the same except that my key is from an authorized reseller and their keys are from G2A.com

That is why it is NOT. EXACTLY the same.

That is why I want you to create your own topic. This is an issue that is affecting several users. Do not add on to other threads.

Your key is good but GTA ones are not.

Malwarebytes is having many activation issues recently so they should be not be killing keys from Authorized resellers.  Another thing I have noticed is ever since they updated their My Malwarebytes account many of my colleagues are also complaining that authorized and valid keys can only be activated in the product itself as the account activation is giving many errors these days.

I am never buying this product again as getting support from them is almost impossible and takes days to get a reply so I am done here and don't you worry I will not write in this thread again.

key.jpg

Malwarebytes Ticket - Why not activating in account.jpg

1 minute ago, Weston1973 said:

Malwarebytes is having many activation issues recently so they should be not be killing keys from Authorized resellers.  Another thing I have noticed is ever since they updated their My Malwarebytes account many of my colleagues are also complaining that authorized and valid keys can only be activated in the product itself as the account activation is giving many errors these days.

We know and they are waiting/working on on a solution.

3 minutes ago, Weston1973 said:

I am never buying this product again as getting support from them is almost impossible and takes days to get a reply so I am done here and don't you worry I will not write in this thread again.

Sorry to see you go. Support has been slow since March 2020.

• AdvancedSetup changed the title to License issue with Malwarebytes

Are you aware that there are some resellers on G2A that also buy keys from Authorized resellers like Xcel Source in North America or this other authorized Malwarebytes reseller 

https://www.moussasolutions.com/about/partners/malwarebytes-authorized-partner

in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region so this statement you made that you also misspelled is not valid "Your key is good but GTA ones are not."  

There are many legitimate sellers also on G2A.com (not GTA) that are buying keys from Authorized Resellers as I have received proof of this.

Can you please tell me when is Malwarebytes going to fix these 2 issues with keys from Authorized Resellers (regardless of where they are being bought from)

1) Keys from authorized resellers that were previously activated and fine are being killed days later

2) Many keys from Authorized resellers can no longer be registered in the My account only in the product

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Disabled live hyperlink

• Root Admin

Because someone purchases a valid license from an authorized reseller does not make them an authorized reseller.

They very well could buy a valid license but turn around and sell it to dozens of other users. That is not legal and that will cause the license to be blacklisted.

I know my reseller personally my reseller does not sell keys to anyone else and the keys come from Xcel Source an authorized reseller of Malwarebytes.

Secondly, your authorized user Porthos (one of your Trusted Advisors) admitted there is an issue (see screenshot) where he said and I quote "We know and they are waiting/working on on a solution."  with activation and some legitimate reseller keys so when are those 2 issues above that I have clearly identified this going to be fixed?

If you want why don't you email me privately and I will give you some keys to check that will prove they were sold to only 1 person (1 email account) as you can easily check this on your end.

1.jpg

Edited by Weston1973

• Root Admin

I am not disputing that your key is valid or not valid. I assume based on your information and that you've spoken with support at least in the past that your license is very much valid and legit. I'm simply noting for others that buying from anyone that is not an authorized reseller can easily lead to your license getting blacklisted.

We have had an issue for a few dozen people where the license does keep disabling and we're still investigating why that is happening. If you're still having an issue with getting the program to activate then please create a support ticket and someone will assist you. We don't have access to make any changes, etc for your license here on the forums.

At this time there is zero proof this issue is wide spread or involves any reseller.

Consumer Support
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We can help with reinstalling, cleaning, etc. but if the license is not working then you'll need to contact the Help desk.

Thanks

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated information

• Root Admin

Again, there is zero proof that any reseller keys are having an issue. We have investigated hundreds of reports and so far in almost all cases the person having an issue was found to have purchased a license from an unauthorized reseller.

We do have some licenses that even we have sold that can be problematic getting registered in My Account. Again though this is a few dozen people at most and we're checking on why. We sell over a thousand licenses a day and 99.9% of them have no issues at all.

If you are not having an issue then I will go ahead and close this topic as there is no widespread issue. If you are having an issue yourself, please open a ticket as requested.

Thank you again