Error code 732 (0,0)

Hi everybuddy! ;)

When trying to update MB it gave me the error code 732, so I uninstalled MB, went to the download page and installed it all over again.

When trying to update MB (again) it occurred the same error. So I came here and read about it and followed the instructions, and nothing. And then I read a topic a page before this and also nothing at all.

Please tell me what else I can try to get MB updated.

Thank you!

Best regards!

FG

Please download TCPView from Microsoft at the following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb897437.aspx

This utility will monitor everything that is accessing the Internet or your local network. All you have to do is run TCPView, and then run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and start the update. Watch TCPView to see if mbam.exe shows up in the list. It will be pretty obvious, because it highlights it in green.

I need to know what "Remote Address" Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is trying to connect to. Once it shows up in the list, you can right-click on the line for mbam.exe, and select 'Copy' in order to paste it into a reply. It will tell me what I need to know. Below is an example of what the line you are looking for will look like:

mbam.exe:3656 TCP vista-x64:52135 cdn-208-111-168-7.ord.llnw.net:http ESTABLISHED

Please download TCPView from Microsoft at the following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb897437.aspx

This utility will monitor everything that is accessing the Internet or your local network. All you have to do is run TCPView, and then run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and start the update. Watch TCPView to see if mbam.exe shows up in the list. It will be pretty obvious, because it highlights it in green.

I need to know what "Remote Address" Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is trying to connect to. Once it shows up in the list, you can right-click on the line for mbam.exe, and select 'Copy' in order to paste it into a reply. It will tell me what I need to know. Below is an example of what the line you are looking for will look like:

mbam.exe:3656 TCP vista-x64:52135 cdn-208-111-168-7.ord.llnw.net:http ESTABLISHED

Ok, here you got the result of TCPView:

mbam.exe:2120 TCP alejandr-4fa1a6:4450 208.111.160.6:http ESTABLISHED

Now I'll wait for your answer.

Thank you!

I assume that you are using a proxy?

Not as far as I know. The machine is a personal one.

The LAN setup in IE Tools -> Internet Options shows the proxy options disabled. I'm using Comodo firewall but it has been instructed to let MB get the updates. In fact it is updating right now, but I don't know if it will stop again with the 732 error.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, this solution also worked for me:

Open IE, go to "tools", "internet options", "connections"

Click "LAN settings" and have it automatically re-detect the LAN settings.

Now Malwarebytes finally can update, and I didn't have to reformat my hard drive!

Interestingly, all those settings can be done while IE is running and connected to some other website.

(And I usually use firefox.)

Thanks for the great suggestions.

I am also having this same error, however all attempts to fix it do not seem to work.

When using...

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0

A command window comes up that reads

Value GlobalUserOffline exists, overwrite(Y/N)?

Entering Y results in some line appearing that I can't read, and the problems persists.

I only began to notice problems with my internet with Yahoo messenger about four months ago, but I rarely use Yahoo and assumed it was just a problem with it. However, when AIM tried to access IE, I noted that IE windows simply don't work.

I don't know when exactly these problems happened, but I imagine it's malware related...

• Root Admin

I've updated the FAQ to not prompt. Basically it's manually setting your Internet Explorer back to ONLINE if it was set to OFFLINE

If that does not work then please explore other options mentioned. If none of them work then your system could be infected in which case you may need to follow the directions below.

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org