MBG for Safari does not activate correctly

Massimiliano
Go to solution Solved by gatortail,

@tomi30 I have 16GB and it still had issues, I killed the scam blocker progress (seems like it was stuck in a non hanging loop or something) and after a reboot it has been loading fine.  I know Safari 15.1 is in testing by Apple.

57 minutes ago, Chas4 said:

I know Safari 15.1 is in testing by Apple.

MBG for Safari v1.0.3 is not a full release.

Unless you are fully informed and possess the necessary skill sets, many experienced, with the battle scars to prove it, do not to test two betas simultaneously without knowingly accepting the outcome. Just sayin...

Cheers

@1PWI know I am stating that Apple is testing 15.1 not sure if there are any extension related fixes in it.

Side note I am one of the founding members of the Windows Insider Program.

It had been going well for days specifically since I wrote it on October 13
As of this morning October 24, the problem looks like this
See attached screenshot 
The Logo in the bar is blue
Ads/Trackers and PUPs are activated without problems while Malware and Scams are running endlessly for hours

179562376_Schermata2021-10-24alle12_00_52.thumb.jpg.b9a70e30c6d96b84883f6ff7c1bc02c4.jpg

It happens with all sites, both those subject to blocks and those such as this forum that is not in Allow List because it is not subject to blocks on my Mac from Safari settings.

UPDATE

Steps taken to possibly have a solution

1. I tried uninstalling both MBG and 1Blocker - the latter lately on macOS was giving problems on several sites (much less on iOS and iPadOS although it presents problems there too) - 
  2. I ran Maintenance of Titanium-Software.fr to do a maintenance of my Mac. 
  3. I only installed MBG. It is very slow in activating the 4 switches
  4. At the moment it seems OK but everything remains to be verified.
  5. Surely there is still some problem

I will update the post in case of news

Edited by Massimiliano
Maybe solved, but everything remains to be verified

With the latest database fix, it does appear that the Malware and Scan indicators have been corrected.  Unfortunately, nothing is blocked for me except the ads and trackers.  I tested with both "keepass.com" and "maliciouswebsitetest.com", and neither was blocked.  Before testing, I removed all other extensions and also updated to MacOS Monterey.  I'm running a MacBook Air M1 with 8GB memory.  I have decades of C/C++ programming experience, so I'm plenty careful on how I evaluate software.  A few pertinent screen shots are captioned below.

1.png

2.png

3.png

On 10/26/2021 at 8:53 PM, gatortail said:

@Massimiliano A database fix was pushed outside of release.  Please try again.

As per the previous post update it seems to be working (even with Monterey which I didn't have before).
1Blocker at the moment is uninstalled because lately is giving me problems with too many sites

• Like 1

Safari 15.1 was released today