False Positive - Systemus.zip and Systemus.exe - VirusTotal & Installed

BillR5

1. Both systemus.zip and systemus.exe are detected as malware on installed free version of Malwarebytes.  The .exe is in the .zip.  I think both flags are false positives, although I could understand a riskware, PUP, or system tool type classification as Systemus is a menu of system tools.

systemus.exe (Generic.Malware/Suspicious) on https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/b250b79a87b596381fe53f2c14c3db556ce79cc84753c4a2e06762acd4f86017/details

sytemus.zip (Undetected) on https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/f8611a12d02038504585f2b225d802a6ee0832e68522d8fad046769e7045e935/detection

Found at

2. The pinned create log instructions don't work.  A. Requires full path to mbam.exe  B. Instructions for running on just a subfolder are not included.  I run on a subfolder via the context menu.

Systemus.zip

Thanks for the very prompt reply.   .EXE and .ZIP are undetected on VirusTotal (April 2),

but MBAM Free still detects both after a manual update with MBAM restart (Friday) and a manual update (Sat.). 

MBAM: 4.3.0.98      Update: 1.0.39024     Component: 1.0.1249 
Updated: 4/2/21 4:03 PM [US EDT; UTC-4]

and                          Update: 1.0.39026     
Updated: 4/3/21 6:20 PM

2 minutes ago, BillR5 said:

but MBAM Free still detects both after a manual update with MBAM restart (Friday) and a manual update (Sat.). 

Please clear your hubble cache by doing the following:

1. Click on the Malwarebytes icon in the system tray
  2. Select "Quit Malwarebytes"
  3. Navigate to %PROGRAMDATA%\Malwarebytes\MBAMService
  4. Delete the file HubbleCache
  5. Open Malwarebytes and rescan.

Neither waiting, updating, nor exiting MBAM worked.  Deleting hubble cache worked.  Thanks @shadowwar @Porthos  @cli for the quick review and followup.

Was there an obvious instruction or setting for a casual user somewhere that I missed that would have done that automagicly?  While easily done, this seems round about.

Also, I realize now that the numbering in the pinned post were not steps as I originally carelessly thought, but referred to versions.  An obvious mistake, but if I made it, then others may as well.  Perhaps "MBAM release 1.* instructions for the log:" and/or most recent first release order would help klutzes like me provide you with the desired logs.

31 minutes ago, BillR5 said:

Was there an obvious instruction or setting for a casual user somewhere that I missed that would have done that automagicly?

Should happen automatically but sometimes it does not, at least not right away. I restart of the computer might of helped.

Edited by Porthos