Posting Logs In General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum

I find most of the new members with infected systems posting their logs in General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, which is not the appropriate place, as per the forum. This is the point.

As per the forum the correct place is Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs. If the poster suspects the infection is FP then he has to post it in FP sec.

May be due to anxiety, (because the machine is infected) or unknowingly in haste they do it.

Then somebody has to guide them.

Any suggestions/comments regd. How to solve this problem?

Please take into consideration that when the system is infected the brain will not be that sharp! (especially those who have only 1 machine)

What you describe is a bad case of user stupid... user failing to read and understand any rules and instructions :D

Usual ways of handling this would be

a. ignore logs posted in wrong places

b. lock the threads posted in wrong places

c. variable of b. delete the threads which might lead to added confusion

d. move the thread to right spot, which also might add confusion to OP because the thread isn't where he left it

e. post in that thread pointing the user to post his log to proper subforum

Unfortunately all these are labour "intensive" options :D

@lordpake

e. would be the most appropriate option here... And it's not that the users are stupid. They are in distress and are moving too quickly. They want their computer to be fixed immediately and fail to read all of the related information before making a new thread. Pinned topics are some of the most overlooked topics in forums.

@ lordpake & srtools -

As most of the first time lookers, and those seeking quick advice are not sure of the areas to head to it can be easy to misread headings -

The usual way is just to post the page by AdvancedSetup that directs users to the HJT page that reads ----

----(Are you infected / Please post logs here)--- That shortcut is at the top of the page -

I would just give that advice (if required) and not try to solve the problem on the original post - Unless another 'simple' fix is better for them -

Thanks swagger - Beat me by 1 min - Agree fully -

I agree, the way it's been getting done is sufficient. The majority of users who have the patience to follow the instructions posted for them should be in the Malware Removal forum, guided there by said instructions. If they can't follow the instructions on what to do in the referrel post then a helper would have a heck of a time guiding them on getting their system clean anyway because a helper's instructions generally require much more complicated tasks than simply reading where to post.

I agree that many people will view it as a general MBAM issue when it won't run, won't detect or won't remove something, but the point is, that's why we have helpers waiting to assist them in manually removing it free of charge :D .

And it's not that the users are stupid. They are in distress and are moving too quickly. They want their computer to be fixed immediately and fail to read all of the related information before making a new thread. Pinned topics are some of the most overlooked topics in forums.

Swagger: True Words.

That too if the person does not have a 2nd system, his mind will be totally blanked out.

One day when my system was infected I used dad's shaving cream instead of toothpaste for brushing. Really.

Situation was like that.