Issues with PUP.optional.legacy and PUP.optional conduit returning

ddemerin
Go to solution Solved by kevinf80,

Change back to Normal boot, instructions in link for clean boot....

Open Chrome, select the three dots top right hand corner. From the new window select > "More Tools" then "Clear Browsing Data"

In the new window select "Advanced" In time range select  the drop down then select "All Time"

From the list make sure all entries are checkmarked except for "Paswords and other sign in data" then select "Clear all data"

Close Chrome, reboot, open Chrome run a scan and see if the two issues have returned...

I followed the instructions and it seemed to work. The PUPs did not show up this time when I did adwcleaner. I also went into the services.msc and disabled SysMain because I caught it causing the 100% disk issue that I've been chasing down as well.

I'll report back after a day or so to see if my laptop remains clean.

Hiya ddemerin,

Thanks for the update, good to hear the PUP`s have ceased. Yes please let me know if that issue is definitely gone for good. Regarding SysMain, basically a new name for Superfetch that came in with Windows 10, it is not needed so should be set to "Disabled" in services as you have done. Just be aware that it can be reset to automatic after Windows Updates...

Thank you,

Kevin..

Hey Keith,

So, it's been 2 days and so far I haven't seen the PUPs show up at all and bootup is much faster. I'm now just using the Task Manager to continually reduce my disk usage from all the system services to clean up some of CPU performance, but as it stands, I think you've helped me solve my issues! Again, I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to help me with this. I've sent another donation your way for all your assistance.

Cheers!

Daniel

• Solution

Hello Daniel,

Thank you once again for the donation, very much appreciated. Also good to hear the nuisance PUP`s have finally been put to the sword...

Right click on FRST here: C:\Users\Anybody\Downloads\FRST64.exe and rename uninstall.exe when complete right click on uninstall.exe and select "Run as Administrator"

If you do not see the .exe appended that is because file extensions are hidden, in that case just rename FRST64 to uninstall

That action will remove FRST and all created files and folders...

From there you should be good to go...

Next,

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin...

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you