Quick Time error message

mountaintree16

I was just updating my QuickTime/ITunes, after I got a pop up asking me to update.

I closed out of that and manually checked for an update, and the attached appeared.

Itunes and QuickTime are still claiming that they are installing/updating, but I dont see how after that error message.

Edit: They apparently just finished and I need to restart.

Does this mean I need to uninstall and re-install QuickTime? :/

post-13640-1253935904_thumb.jpg

Edit: They apparently just finished and I need to restart.

Does this mean I need to uninstall and re-install QuickTime? :/

Mine updated without error from the Apple Installer after I checked for updates yesterday (I read on US-Cert that iTunes updates were out). After you have re-started check for updates via the Apple Update, and it should tell you if you have the latest version or need to update. If it says you have the latest version you should be OK and can assume you installlation was successful.

@ catscomputer

@ Exile

Well, this came up mid-installation :/ I don't think we even really use QuickTime, but I dunno, so I left it be.

I see it in my add-ons on FF though, and it looks like the most up-to-date version, so I guess I am good to go.

Hi Mountaintree

I launch the "Apple Software Update" weekly (found via start > search) and it will check all the Apple software on your computer. I've notived that iTunes and QuickTime are always lumped together in a single update. I never use iTunes or Safari (though I appear to have them installed), but I use QuickTime applications in FF too. You definitely want your QuickTime kept up to date because that has fallen victim to exploits several in the past (or so I've read).

Glad you're all sorted. :)

EDIT - Woohoo - Just noticed that I made it to "Advanced Member!" One must flick to that after 100 posts....

@ Catscomputer

Thanks for the information :) I admit I don't keep up with iTunes and QuickTime like I should, mainly coz I rarely use them, and because its usually a HUGE update file, which isn't too much of a deal for me, but its still annoying, lol.

I finally got rid of bonjour too, sneaky little bugger. :)

I will make sure I keep better on top of this in the future though.

Thanks, me too :P

Yay for being an advanced member :) hehe.

You're welcome Mountaintree. Just one thing though, if you are using Firefox and you have QuickTime applications in that browser, then you *will* be using QuickTime, if you see what I mean. You can check what you are using QuickTime for by opening FF > Tools > Options > Applications (wait a few secs for it to load) and then you can see what QuickTime is set as a default to do in FF. In my FF it is quite a bit. :P

Yeah Bonjour is a pest (imho). My father installed it unwittingly along with my camera software. And yes, Apple updates are flipping monstrous! The last one just for iTunes was 98MB or something hideous.

@ catscomputer

Thanks :P I haven't really looked at applications before, just add-ons and extensions. I have a whole boatload of Quicktime in applications :)

Yep, my last update tonight was about 98 MB as well. Ick. It also wanted me to install Safari, but I use FF already and have IE too, but I rarely rarely use that.

@ catscomputer re: your chocolate comment for the 'test' :)

Yum! Or, chocolate chip cookies, esp the chewy variety :P:) now that would be quite the enjoyable test! hehe