v4.0 on New Mac.. Scan Speed Question

I have installed v4 on a new iMac and transferred my license.  The MBAM install went OK and I've set the Settings per your install Guide.  The scans are only taking 10-12 seconds?  Is this the way it should be?  I know MBAM is different on a Mac, but this seems very fast.  During the scan you don't get the various stages like you do on a PC, eg, checking for updates, etc.  Just "scan in progress".  Is this right or is something missing on the install?  Thank you.

Treed...one more question, please.  I've noticed that v4 Mac does not show the release or version number in the My Account tab or elsewhere that I can find.  It does say Premium. This info was in the PC version, but I know that Mac Premium is different.  Auto check for protection updates 1 hour is checked, but there is no option to manually update.  How do we know the current version we are operating and/or if updates have been made?  Thank you.

The product version can be read on the Malwarebytes Menu -> About Malwarebytes when the application is open

The version of the definitions is in the reports. To force the updating of the definitions, click on the M icon in the menu bar -> in the menu that appears choose Update protection

I also would prefer that the version number of the product and the version of the definitions were displayed in the main window, but this is unfortunately not the case.

I hope I was helpful.

Good Evening

Massimiliano

Edited by MAXBAR1

2 hours ago, MAXBAR1 said:

The product version can be read on the Malwarebytes Menu -> About Malwarebytes when the application is open

The version of the definitions is in the reports. To force the updating of the definitions, click on the M icon in the menu bar -> in the menu that appears choose Update protection

I also would prefer that the version number of the product and the version of the definitions were displayed in the main window, but this is unfortunately not the case.

I hope I was helpful.

Good Evening

Massimiliano

Massimiliano....I don't see any of these instructions on my Malwarebytes v4 for Mac app screen.  There is no Menu>About Malwarebytes on the app screen and no definition version in Reports.  When I either right or left click on the  M, nothing happens.  Are we looking at the same app screen?1955229335_ScreenShot2020-02-25at3_24_31PM.thumb.png.b9c079b1c191e9ac04a70096db499eee.png

25 minutes ago, pmcjr said:

.I don't see any of these instructions on my Malwarebytes v4 for Mac app screen.  There is no Menu>About Malwarebytes on the app screen and no definition version in Reports.  When I either right or left click on the  M, nothing happens.  Are we looking at the same app screen?

2020-02-25_14h58_56.png

6 minutes ago, pmcjr said:

The info I'm looking for is not in either of these three tabs.

I am sorry, I was taking an educated guess based on the Windows version. I do not own a Mac. Some one else might give you a better screenshot or better instructions.

@treed

Edited by Porthos

• Staff

The About Malwarebytes window is opened from the Malwarebytes menu in the menu bar, shown here:

608036964_ScreenShot2020-02-25at4_18_23PM.thumb.png.f72eca116332a75bbc824d50436894d5.png

For the database (aka, protection) version, click on Detection History (anywhere in that square "card"), then click on Reports, and look for something like this:

2026814159_ScreenShot2020-02-25at4_19_27PM.thumb.png.69f0193feddf2c7e6da6bcdc43839b04.png

I don't recommend getting too worked up about the protection version, though. It'll update automatically before every scan, if necessary, and the number itself won't really give you any useful information.

Thomas....excellent and detailed answer.  I have only had this Mac for three days and was confused about what Menu bar others referred to.  I'm not yet used to the application menu bar and what is on it.  You've helped me out there also.  You've given me the details and screen shots to fully explain your answer.  Thank you and Malwarebytes very much.