Can not get Malwarebytes GUI to display - Infected

opurt

Thanks for the reports.  Glad to know system is running fine.   But the last report indicates that the Windows service wuauserv for ths Windows Update is not running.

Plus later on, I would like to see this Windows 10 O.S.  updated to the November 2019  build 1909.

At your next opportunity, lets do these ( first ) 2 things.   Have patience as you do these.   Monitor them,

[    1   ]

1. Click on the Start button/screen and in the search box, type Command Prompt
  2. When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator. Allow any User Account Control box that appears.
  3. When the command prompt opens, Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Right-click > Paste) the following command into it, and press enter.

sfc /scannow

4. Let me know, if you see "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations" 

[   2   ]

1. Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin). Allow any User Account Control message box that may come up.
  2. When the command prompt opens, Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Right-click > Paste) the following command into it, then press Enter

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. When it completes, you will either see "The operation completed successfully." or one of several different error messages.

sfc has completed:
"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag."

CBS.log

part[2]:  Results look good
----------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.17763.771

Image Version: 10.0.17763.914

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

Hi Paul.   Thank you for that.

what this machine needs is to upgrade to the Windows 10 build 1909.  You should be able to manually get it thru Windows Update.

It may take repeated tries with Windows Update till your pc is able to see that Update.  You should make a try each day, from here on out, till you see it offered.

The suggestion I have is to go to the Start menu, click the Windows Settings icon. Select Update & Security.  Click on Windows Update.

The Windows Update ( eventually) will have a display when it shows up.

image.png.b221f0e9805bedaca474b2cbeb851a59.png

Note that the display will show the new build in a new way, in the middle of the display.  You will need to click on the blue line marked "Download and install now"  when ready.

Getting that Windows build update will put this pc in a better position for a more secure operating system.

This build is metered and controlled by Microsoft.  If you do not get offered 1909, do keep trying.   I'd suggest trying every day or every other day, at the top of the hour.

Hi Maurice,
I am being offered 1909 and will update over the weekend.
In addition, while in Safe mode w/ networking, I was able to obtain a set of logs from the Support Tool.   If you think that there is any value in seeing them, I can attach them to the next reply.
Thank you for all your help,
Paul

Hi Paul.

If you have an outstanding issue,  then go ahead and attach the support tool's  report file   mbst-grab-results.zip

If not,  I am looking forward to hearing over the weekend, about the Build 1909 Windows update.

I do believe that you are currently fully able to see & use the Malwarebytes for Windows.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks