Cannot clean/quarantine PUPs nor search engine hijacker files

Saudade

Hello,

My son likes to download free games he hears about on youtube.. And when he does he apparently does not pay attention to what else is bundled with it. I've run BitDefender and Malwarebytes many many times over this weekend and neither can clean these files. Can you please help? I am not very familiar with doing things like this manually so please have patience with me..😨

I ran FRST and Malwarebytes, files are attached below.

Thank you for your help.

Addition.txtFRST.txtMB threat scan log.txt

Thank you. We are aware of this issue and fix should be released soon.

Let me know if this fixes the issue:

1. Close Chrome.
2. Delete C:\USERS\ADROC\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Sync Data\LevelDB           LevelDB is a file that you need to delete inside a Sync Data folder

3. Open Chrome and wait a minute

4. Close Chrome

5. Do a scan with MalwareBytes again and another one to confirm that issue is fixed.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks