MBAM keeps locking Visual Studio compiled program

jmulchin

Well Guys, This problem is now back!!!! I have Malwarebytes V3.8.3 Pro running on a Win7-64bit machine with Visual Studio 2015 and 2019 installed. A VS2019 compiled program does not alert MB that a MachineLearning/Anomalous.94% file was found on my system (it just a simple Hello.exe file). But under VS2015.... bam! a threat is detected, it is Quarantined, and a complete Reboot is required. Turning off Ransomware Protection does not fix the problem! I have to completely shutdown Malwarebytes. Completely unacceptable !!

38 minutes ago, jmulchin said:

Well Guys, This problem is now back!!!! I have Malwarebytes V3.8.3 Pro running on a Win7-64bit machine with Visual Studio 2015 and 2019 installed. A VS2019 compiled program does not alert MB that a MachineLearning/Anomalous.94% file was found on my system (it just a simple Hello.exe file). But under VS2015.... bam! a threat is detected, it is Quarantined, and a complete Reboot is required. Turning off Ransomware Protection does not fix the problem! I have to completely shutdown Malwarebytes. Completely unacceptable !!

Please see here and post in the correct section https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/42-file-detections/ (start a new thread) with examples of the files being detected as anomalous, and we will add them to our database of known good apps.