Windows32 Powershell V 1.0 on start-up

Hi,  @rapalla5     :welcome:

My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.

Please be careful in not turning parts of Windows off.    ( i.e.  I would not turn off "powershell" functionality in the operating system.  Otherwise, this can cause a unexpected complication in the future.)

We need to get information from this machine in order to have the proper detail to help you forward.
 NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

Download Malwarebytes Support Tool

Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
    Double-click mb-support-1.4.0.623.exe to run the report
        You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.

Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
    You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"

Do NOT use the button “Start repair” !
    Click the Advanced tab on the left column

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.

Thank you.

This Thread/topic is for  rapalla5 only  , who is the topic starter.

Thanks for the report.

I have a custom script ( below) to go along with this fix.

Please Close and save any open work files before you start this next step.  It will involve a Windows Restart at the end of it.

I am sending a   custom Fix script which is going to be used by the FRSTENGLISH  tool. They will both work together as a pair.

Please RIGHT-click the (attached file named) FIXLIST and select SAVE AS and save it directly ( as is) to the Downloads folder

The tool named FRSTENGLISH.exe  is already on the  Downloads folder.

Start the Windows Explorer and then, open the  Downloads folder.

Double click FRSTENGLISH

to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.
Click the Fix button just once, and wait.

PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience. Some machines take longer than others.
If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally.
The tool will complete its run after restart.
When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run.

Please attach the FIXLOG.txt with your reply.   

[ 2 ]

IF you yourself did not install "Browser Assistant"  then Uninstall it.   That seems to have been what was using "powershell".

Also advise on the situation after this run.

Sincerely,

Edited by Maurice Naggar

The fix seemed to work, powershell is no longer popping up when I boot the computer!  Here is the fixlog as requested...

Separate question regarding partitioned drives.  When I bought the laptop the hard drive was partitioned into two drives the C: and D: with Windows installed on the C:.  The hard drive is 1T and they partitioned 200G to the D: which is basically not being used.  I do a lot of VR gaming from this laptop which was one of the reasons I bought it. Is it possible to resize the D: and move/run Windows from there to free up as much space as possible for my VR and other games and programs?

Fixlog.txt

I do not recommend "moving" Windows operating system.

The fix run went as planned.  Thanks for the report.

By the way, it recovered free space in the amount of 26.7 GB.   That ought to be plenty for your needs.  You ought to have nearly 329 GB free.

I would suggest you get & install Malwarebytes for Windows & then do a scan with it.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1141

Do a scan

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1156

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks