Impossible Found Token

Hello Kanelakis,    :welcome:

Thanks for the support tool report.

Please first remove this entry from the Hosts file

0.0.0.0    telemetry.malwarebytes.com

You can turn off ( later on) the Usage and threat statistics from within the program Settings.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling Malwarebytes for Windows using our Support tool. Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.

Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2674

Regards,

Maurice

1 hour ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Hello Kanelakis,    :welcome:

Thanks for the support tool report.

Please first remove this entry from the Hosts file

0.0.0.0    telemetry.malwarebytes.com

You can turn off ( later on) the Usage and threat statistics from within the program Settings.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling Malwarebytes for Windows using our Support tool. Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.

Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2674

Regards,

Maurice

Ok thx.:)

13 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @Kanelakis

Just following up to see if your issue has been resolved now or not. Please post a status update when you have a moment.

Thanks

Ron

Here is my updated log status, I hope you find out the cause, and it won't happen again.
The strange thing, and that before making those changes from before, it was fixed after a couple of hours.

mbst-grab-results.zip

Hi @Kanelakis,

Thanks for your post.

Just for reference, the initial issue you had was with your license key usage being maxed out. It appears the license key had been activated on a different machine and thus your license state was dropped when the auto redeem took place during the upgrade.

Due to the repeated failed attempts to activate, the error message changed to, "Installation token not found". This was expected.

I assume that at some point, you manually deactivated all used seats for your license. Due to the "Installation token not found" error only being a temporary measure in your case, you were therefore able to activate successfully at a later date.

On 7/11/2019 at 6:05 PM, LiquidTension said:

Hi @Kanelakis,

Thanks for your post.

Just for reference, the initial issue you had was with your license key usage being maxed out. It appears the license key had been activated on a different machine and thus your license state was dropped when the auto redeem took place during the upgrade.

Due to the repeated failed attempts to activate, the error message changed to, "Installation token not found". This was expected.

I assume that at some point, you manually deactivated all used seats for your license. Due to the "Installation token not found" error only being a temporary measure in your case, you were therefore able to activate successfully at a later date.

The device I use was always the same, even when I removed my device, it gave the same problem.
It was fixed after a couple of hours.
Will I have this problem if I change PCs, and remove this current one?

5 minutes ago, Kanelakis said:

The device I use was always the same, even when I removed my device, it gave the same problem.
It was fixed after a couple of hours.
Will I have this problem if I change PCs, and remove this current one?

All this mess happened to me with the last update of the program, everything worked fine before.

The "installation token" type issue is a conditional, contingent type situation.   It does not relate to version of the program.

As LiquidTension has mentioned 

Sometimes they can be due to communication timeouts.

If I recall properly, you do have a good activation at this point.

Cheers.

56 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

The "installation token" type issue is a conditional, contingent type situation.   It does not relate to version of the program.

As LiquidTension has mentioned 

Sometimes they can be due to communication timeouts.

If I recall properly, you do have a good activation at this point.

Cheers.

If the problem is not due to the update of the program ok.
The strange thing is that after the update, the Token not found gave me the answer, without making repeated activation attempts.
Then later I removed my device from the license, continuing to give me the error.
Then after a few hours he fixed himself.
I had no other errors before the token not found, or error messages.

18 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

I'm sorry you were having issues activating. At this time all appears to be okay, is that correct?

Thank you

Ron

Yes, now everything works fine, I was just wondering if I change PCs, if I could encounter the same problem.
I hope not.
Anyway when I change PC, I disconnect the license from this device, and connect it to the new one.

No, you should not expect "the same issue".  

IF you change from old hardware to new hardware & you are switching the license over ....first be sure you do a DEACTIVATE inside of the old program, on the old machine first.   After that, you can do a new install and a new activation on the new machine.

Deactivate license key in Malwarebytes product

1. On your device, open Malwarebytes.

2. Click on My Account.
    My+Account+button.png

3. Click on Deactivate License button.
    deactivate+button.png

4. In the Deactivate License window, click on Yes button to deactivate.
    deactivate+yes.png

Transfer or re-activate license key

After deactivating your license key from one of your devices, you can use that same key to activate on another Windows, Mac, Android, or Chromebook device. The process is the same as activating a device for the first time. See the following activation articles for instructions:

Additional information

I wish you well.