Help Desk not responding - and another issue...

Hello all...

OK - I've been a long time Malwarebytes Anti-Malware registered user.  Purchased it years ago under a lifetime promotion price.  The only PC I've ever had it on was my one desktop system.  Sure, periodically, I had to have repairs done, resulting in complete reloading of the OS at that time.  And in each case, my previous login ID and registration number were no longer recognized.

It happened again - I just updated my Windows 10 OS from version 1809 to version 1903 - all went well OS-wise, but as usual, when it comes to Malwarebytes, it would (again) no longer recognise my ID and registration information - telling me, "I've exceeded the number of devices I have it on" - huhhhhhhhhhhhh?  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has been on my system with the current registration information and working just fine - but after the upgrade to Windows 10 version 1903, it has now become a trial version.  I tried reentering the registration info that I had, but now...

So I filled out 3 different support tickets beginning last week and nobody has gotten back with me on this matter.  I was starting to wonder if Malwarebytes was going out of business because of the quiet.  Previously, the responses were quick, but now I wonder what happened.

All I need is a new ID code and registration information - the old ones of which I sent to the help desk.

Anybody else having this issue with malwarebytes (all of a sudden) not taking your registration information. 

Thanks,

Ben Herrmann

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings,

If you haven't already, I'd suggest creating an account at My.Malwarebytes.com to manage your license key.  Instructions on signing up can be found in this support article.  If possible, use the same email address you used when you originally purchased your license as this will make it much easier to sync your license to your account.  Once that's done if your license isn't listed there you may try adding it to your account by following the instructions in this support article.  Once your license is listed use the Deactivate all function to reset your license key so that you may use it again.  You'll find instructions on how to do that in this support article.

If the issue still isn't resolved then please be patient and a member of Support will eventually respond to your ticket on the helpdesk.  They respond on a first come, first served basis and can get quite busy, especially since they are short staffed on the weekends, but you should hear back from them within the next few days if not sooner.

Anyway, please let us know how it goes and if there is anything else we might assist you with.

Thanks

Hi Ben,

Just to make some observations.   First, ditto to what Exile360 mentioned above.  Do a deactivate all on the My Account portal  ( if possible) & then do a license re-activation.   No need for "new code" at all.

Your Lifetime PRO license would have come with 2 "keys"   ( ie.   the ID & also the KEY).  Just be sure you enter them properly.

This is "a" help article on the My Account.   There are more.   https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264

If you manage to get in there, The Subscriptions tab lists your Malwarebytes purchases and corresponding license keys.

You can Deactivate the license on that portal.  Then re-activate the license Keys in the program itself.

This is the Help article on activation    https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1142

As to the loss of Premium activation due to Windows version upgrade, I am sorry to read of that.

It seems to be a conditional situation on some rigs.   I would suggest that you run the Malwarebytes Support tool so that Staff can take a review.

See the how-to   https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2396

@LiquidTension

As I said, there is no need for "new license code".  I do also regret to read you made 3 different tickets.  That just bogs things down for all & other customers.

You should have had at minimum the automatic automated reply for each one of those 3.   Check your inbox, junk & spam. Search on "zendesk" as part of the search for email.  zendesk will be there as part of the "from" in the email header.

You are most welcome.  I am happy to read you managed this.

Please just be sure to reply to all 3 tickets & advise support the situation is normal.

By the way, I know QA Staff would appreciate getting a MBST Support report from your machine so that QA can review the last logs from Malwarebytes.

See the how-to   https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2396

Cheers.   😎

Maurice