how to restore my erased calendar?

That doesn't appear to be possible. If anything was found in your calendar, then then that entire calendar would be quarantined.

Exactly what file and infection name was quarantined? It should show up in the Quarantine tab or the folder itself unless you deleted it.

how/where do i find the Quarantine tab? everything recorded before Easter's cleaned out. & it was a few days later that i realized this & then recalled the notice from Malwarebytes.that  files had been quarantined, but can't recall the specifics.

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 8.04.48 AM.png

• Staff

This would not be due to anything Malwarebytes did. If Malwarebytes had for some reason quarantined some files from the Calendars folder - which is very unlikely to start with, and has never been seen to happen - I don't see how it could have deleted things older than a particular date and left events that were newer. Further, if you're using macOS Mojave, you would have to explicitly give Malwarebytes "Full Disk Access" in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy in order for the software to even be able to touch those files.

I'm not sure what might have been detected, since it looks like the quarantine has been cleared. It's possible that whatever was removed caused the problem, although I'd consider that unlikely as well, for the same reasons, as well as the fact that I've never seen malware of any kind that deletes calendar entries.

Most likely, this was a data corruption or syncing issue of some kind.

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded Malwarebytes to my Mac Pro and it automatically did a scan (without my asking) and removed a bunch of files into quarantine. I don't wish to delete these files though. How do I restore these files back to my computer? All I have under the Quarantine tab are Show Quarantine or Clear Quarantine, but with no option to Restore?? Please help!!!

The Mac version started out as an independent development by a different developer and was brought in by Malwarebytes and methodically having common capabilities added as time and the hosting OS permit. It is also currently rare to have false positive findings with the Mac version. I suspect the restore capabilities is on the list, but somewhat more difficult to implement.

If you don't want files automatically quarantined, then in the settings window, scheduled scan window, disable (uncheck) that option. If there are PUPs that you insist on using, then enable (check) that option.

If there are items in Quarantine that you are certain you need to retain and are having difficulty restoring them, it might be easiest to simply reinstall whatever those are. If that isn't possible for some reason, give us a list of those files and perhaps we can assist in their restoration.

Without your telling or showing us what these files are, we can only shooting in the dark here.

To reinstall them you might need to download the quarantined software. If the original app is still present, there's a good chance that simply launching it from /Applications will restore the related files.

Again, if you need help figuring out where to drag files to from Quarantine, you need to tell us or show us (screen shot) what they are.

jeeze,  i just answered this, went past test, n sent. n now i c nothing of my answer. 

thank u 4 ur efforts that i don't have the savvy 2 implement. 

i'd tought that Apple computers 'd improve since my 1st 1 in 2000.but all their impovements went with phones n then pads n they sidled in with B Gates stuff n google 4 the computers...

big screen smart tv???

• Staff
2 hours ago, Mojorkr said:

How would I go about reinstalling those files? Am I able to click and drag them from out of the ‘Show Quarantine’ folder? If I am, then how do I know where they should go back to? Thanks

What specifically are you trying to restore? It's very rare that folks still want to restore after talking to us about why it was removed in the first place. False positives with Malwarebytes for Mac are extremely uncommon. (Hope I don't jinx it! :D)

Adding restore functionality hasn't been a high priority yet because 99% of the time, when we see someone trying to restore something, it's something they really shouldn't be restoring. That's not to say we aren't going to add it... just that we've had bigger fish to fry.

Same issue here on my Mac. I paid and downloaded TotalAV software and it did not completely resolve my issue. I then downloaded Malwarebytes (have used with luck on my PC) and ran it. It ran and found a few things the previous software did not. However, it quarantined the TotalAV software I had just purchased! As other user stated, I discovered there is no Restore function for Mac. I could just download and reinstall. But, won't it just see it on a future scan and quarantine again? If I disable the quarantine feature it seems to be a quarantine-all or quarantine-none option. Thanks for any help you can offer.

On 5/9/2019 at 12:40 PM, Philistine615 said:

I paid and downloaded TotalAV software and it did not completely resolve my issue. I then downloaded Malwarebytes (have used with luck on my PC) and ran it. It ran and found a few things the previous software did not. However, it quarantined the TotalAV software I had just purchased! As other user stated, I discovered there is no Restore function for Mac. I could just download and reinstall. But, won't it just see it on a future scan and quarantine again? If I disable the quarantine feature it seems to be a quarantine-all or quarantine-none option.

Your experience with TotalAV is not at all unusual. That's the reason it has been judged to be a PUP by Malwarebytes and several other anti-malware products prevent it from being used at all.

If you are willing to accept software that routinely scores low in ratings and has multiple complaints against it to the Better Business Bureau, then feel free to ignore Malwarebytes and keep using it. Just drag it out of the Malwarebytes Quarantine folder back to /Applications.

Then in the Settings->General Tab change the "Default action for PUPs:" popup menu to "Skip". You will continue to be notified about it each time it scans, but it won't be quarantined nor selected as Confirmed Threats for Remediation.

• Staff

BTW, just for the record, I'm not aware of any legitimate antivirus software that requires you to purchase it before you can even download or scan, as TotalAV does. I'd also question antivirus software that can be downloaded freely, but requires a purchase to remove detected threats.