FlashPlayer on Windows 8.1

noknojon

Silly me, I updated Adobe FlashPlayer (to the latest version), but I use on my Windows 8.1 - Internet Explorer / Google Chrome / and Firefox browsers.. ..
I know I should not have done this ...... But I need a fix PLEASE ... Will somebody please offer advice ............
Regards J...............

Edited by noknojon
Wrong text

I just got the usual message from Adobe that there was an update available so I followed the instructions on installing it..
The main problem seems to be my Chrome Browser, that is a direct link to my F/Book account.. Now I often get requests on games to "Click on an Adobe Sign" then another item pops up saying "Allow" ..

If you can wait 10 minutes I may get pictures for you !!

Edited by noknojon

Thank You for this, but I was asked to shut down Chrome, and then "After I installed" the exe that then downloaded, I rebooted and opened F/book (my direct link from Chrome), then I took these 2 Snips from the first game that I opened ..
The game (a small match 3 game, first sample I attempted) worked only if I followed the process that I described, of Click on the Adobe icon, then Click on the Allow Popup..
The game may not be required, but it provides a very good example of my "problem"..

P.S. I do not have Mbytes Paid Version on this computer, as I installed it on my laptop only ..
This unit runs manual scans, updated weekly, and has Defender set up as prime Anti Virus etc..

• 4 weeks later...

On Windows 8.1 Flash Player for Internet Explorer is built in (the updates will show in Microsoft Updates (same thing on Windows 10)).  Chrome on Windows (& macOS) has Flash Player built in so the "Download for manual installation for Adobe Flash for Chrome ( PPAPI )" will not work with Chrome (it was built into Chrome back in 2010).  

For Chrome you can put chrome://components/ in the address bar and scroll to Flash Player and click check for update to check manually if there is an update (it will install the update if there is one).  When Chrome is updated sometimes Flash Player will also get updated too, but you can still manually trigger a check for updates to the Flash Player built into Chrome.

PPAPI is used for all Chromium based browsers (except Chrome for the manual download of Flash Player), Active X is Internet Explorer only, Mozilla is listed as NPAPI.