Adwcleaner website?

About a week ago i downloaded adwcleaner on my computer and the malwarebytes website took me to toolslib and today i went to download it on a friends computer and its now downloading straight from malwarebytes website. Is adwcleaner now being hosted by malwarebytes instead of toolslib?

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

yes i know malwarebytes owns adwcleaner now but about a week or 2 ago the download link on malwarebytes adwcleaner took me to toolslib website to download it and now it looks like adwcleaner downloads directly from malwarebytes. Just wondering why for the change now after a year of them owning adwcleaner. Are they suspecting toolslib of being suspicious or something? I dont mind the change because im not a fan of going to a random website for downloads i prefer to stay on malwarebytes.

Nope, not at all.  Toolslib is a valid resource and is used by many experts in the community for hosting their tools.  Malwarebytes however is a company (and a pretty large one at this point) so I figure they thought that it might not look super professional to have a tool they now own hosted offsite rather than on their own page.  It was likely something they planned to do for a while but wanted to give everyone time to become aware of the fact that the tool is now owned by Malwarebytes rather than immediately pulling it from its longtime primary host at Toolslib, but a year was long enough, especially with the UI changes they've made which clearly reflect the owner of the software now.

• Staff

Hello,

AdwCleaner is now offered directly from the /adwcleaner/ webpage, and this doesn't explicitely redirect anymore to ToolsLib for simplicity purposes.

To summarize, AdwCleaner is still available at the same address than before: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/ but also from the product page itself: https://malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner

Edited by fr33tux