Scan Recover Terminology Confusing

Daily 7 am Scan Scheduled and Missed Scans for me should always be "Computer is in Sleep Mode....

Edit Scheduled Scan/Advanced/Recovery Options setup shows: "Recover if missed by 1 hour" (choices - 1-23 hours) (ie) computer in Sleep Mode at reg 7 am Scan, If awakened at 10 am, Run scan - BUT - the main Scan Schedule page shows - "If missed: Run (Scan) again WITHIN 1 hour from Last Miss - the Last Miss was 7 am and it cannot Run a Scan (within 1 hour) IF it is still in Sleep Mode at 9 am. You could construe "If it awakes AFTER 1 hour from Last Miss Do NOT Run a Scan".

Logic for the Edit Page is "1" as a choice; Logic for the Main page could be "23".

WHAT's the SETUP to say "If Computer is in Sleep Mode at Scheduled 7 am Scan, Run Scan As soon as possible"

Thanks!

8 hours ago, CraigS said:

Daily 7 am Scan Scheduled and Missed Scans for me should always be "Computer is in Sleep Mode....

Edit Scheduled Scan/Advanced/Recovery Options setup shows: "Recover if missed by 1 hour" (choices - 1-23 hours) (ie) computer in Sleep Mode at reg 7 am Scan, If awakened at 10 am, Run scan - BUT - the main Scan Schedule page shows - "If missed: Run (Scan) again WITHIN 1 hour from Last Miss - the Last Miss was 7 am and it cannot Run a Scan (within 1 hour) IF it is still in Sleep Mode at 9 am. You could construe "If it awakes AFTER 1 hour from Last Miss Do NOT Run a Scan".

Logic for the Edit Page is "1" as a choice; Logic for the Main page could be "23".

WHAT's the SETUP to say "If Computer is in Sleep Mode at Scheduled 7 am Scan, Run Scan As soon as possible"

Thanks!

Have you thought about doing a scheduled scan using hourly? Say, every 12 hrs, and then if missed by 1 hour, it runs scan. As opposed to time inputs, and sleep mode off and on.

Edited by plb4333

7 hours ago, plb4333 said:

Have you thought about doing a scheduled scan using hourly? Say, every 12 hrs, and then if missed by 1 hour, it runs scan. As opposed to time inputs, and sleep mode off and on.

I meant to say 'along with the sleep mode off and on'.

On 5/4/2018 at 3:46 PM, plb4333 said:

Sorry I just got the Notification of your Reply.

I've set it up as you suggest.

The terminology "Recover if missed by one hour" says to me: If it was supposed to scan at 7 am, it didn't, and it's 8:15, Run the Scan as it's more than an hour from the miss.

THEN, you read the main Edit Scan page and it Re-interprets what I just said to - Run (Scan) again WITHIN 1 hour FROM Last Miss  - Which is Absolutely NOT what I just said.

I could understand a Chinese auctioneer better than most computer logic, so I appreciate your Help!!

8 hours ago, CraigS said:

Sorry I just got the Notification of your Reply.

I've set it up as you suggest.

The terminology "Recover if missed by one hour" says to me: If it was supposed to scan at 7 am, it didn't, and it's 8:15, Run the Scan as it's more than an hour from the miss.

THEN, you read the main Edit Scan page and it Re-interprets what I just said to - Run (Scan) again WITHIN 1 hour FROM Last Miss  - Which is Absolutely NOT what I just said.

I could understand a Chinese auctioneer better than most computer logic, so I appreciate your Help!!

:) Your Welcome

Yes, the terminology of the Recover if missed by setting can be confusing.  Better phrasing to accurately describe its function might be something like Recover if missed by <drop-down menu with duration options> or less with the or less part clarifying that as long as it has the opportunity to run the scan within the specified amount of time since the scheduled scan was set to run (assuming it wasn't able to do so due to the system being unavailable when the scheduled time came around), that it will do so.

This is also why the default scheduled scan is set with a recovery time of 23 hours so that basically, as long as it is within a day of the scheduled scan time, the scheduled scan will run automatically when the system becomes available.