[ RESOLVED ] Can NOT OPEN and can NOT uninstall Malwarebytes

12 minutes ago, PA.Dutchman said:

I went to TASK MANAGER and shut down anything MALWAREBYTES, it finally uninstalled and now IT STOPS RESPONDING when I tried to reinstall it. I open the TASK MANAGER and it indicates MALWAREBYTES install is not responding.

In case this is malware, you can also use Malwarebytes Chameleon, which tries to evade malware trying to block antimalware from being installed onto your computer.

My wife is trying to save some of her organizational files, I will let you know as soon as she gets her files off the PC. Malwarebytes ALWAYS GETS HITS ON HER PC, I have to QUARANTINE THEM ALL THE TIME and then delete them. I know it is the ORGANIZATION she is involved with that the people DON'T KNOW OR CARE, she just doesn't want to believe it is her friends with the organization. 

2 minutes ago, PA.Dutchman said:

Alright I uninstalled  Malwarebytes, ran the program you provided and it found nothing. However my attempts are reinstalling Malwarebytes keep stalling showing UNRESPONSIVE on the TASK MANAGER. 

Are you referring to Malwarebytes Chameleon or Rkill? Be sure to try both.

• 8 months later...