Jump to content
PA.Dutchman

[ RESOLVED ] Can NOT OPEN and can NOT uninstall Malwarebytes

Recommended Posts

I have trying for an hour to OPEN MALWAREBYTES, then I tried to UNINSTALL IT or a fresh install, the UNINSTALL IS NOT RESPONDING. I have rebooted the PC half dozen times, NOTHING responds nothing opens nothing deletes. PLEASE HELP US. Many thanks,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Open Task Manager's processes and startup programs and Uninstall Programs in the Control Panel. Do you see any programs that shouldn't be there?

Also, if it really is malware interfering with Malwarebytes starting, use Rkill and see if it stops any processes.

Edited by SnarkySneaks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to TASK MANAGER and shut down anything MALWAREBYTES, it finally uninstalled and now IT STOPS RESPONDING when I tried to reinstall it. I open the TASK MANAGER and it indicates MALWAREBYTES install is not responding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PA.Dutchman said:

I went to TASK MANAGER and shut down anything MALWAREBYTES, it finally uninstalled and now IT STOPS RESPONDING when I tried to reinstall it. I open the TASK MANAGER and it indicates MALWAREBYTES install is not responding.

In case this is malware, you can also use Malwarebytes Chameleon, which tries to evade malware trying to block antimalware from being installed onto your computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife is trying to save some of her organizational files, I will let you know as soon as she gets her files off the PC. Malwarebytes ALWAYS GETS HITS ON HER PC, I have to QUARANTINE THEM ALL THE TIME and then delete them. I know it is the ORGANIZATION she is involved with that the people DON'T KNOW OR CARE, she just doesn't want to believe it is her friends with the organization. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright I uninstalled  Malwarebytes, ran the program you provided and it found nothing. However my attempts are reinstalling Malwarebytes keep stalling showing UNRESPONSIVE on the TASK MANAGER. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PA.Dutchman said:

Alright I uninstalled  Malwarebytes, ran the program you provided and it found nothing. However my attempts are reinstalling Malwarebytes keep stalling showing UNRESPONSIVE on the TASK MANAGER. 

Are you referring to Malwarebytes Chameleon or Rkill? Be sure to try both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got it uninstalled and reinstalled but now I am gettting PUP.Optional.PUP.Optional.SearchEncrypt.GenicGenic site being blocked every minute continuously, sometimes it is e..SearchEncrypt.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows 7, thank you do you have the correct link for me to post this, it is really becoming a pain in the butt. MANY THANKS,

Edited by PA.Dutchman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PA.Dutchman said:

I got it uninstalled and reinstalled but now I am gettting PUP.Optional.PUP.Optional.SearchEncrypt.GenicGenic site being blocked every minute continuously, sometimes it is e..SearchEncrypt.com

If normal Malwarebytes can't remove those, try a program like AdwCleaner from Malwarebytes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR YOUR TIME, PATIENCE AND INSTRUCTIONS!! We got rid of the searchencrypt it apparently hacked control of our browser and AGAIN THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, PA.Dutchman said:

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR YOUR TIME, PATIENCE AND INSTRUCTIONS!! We got rid of the searchencrypt it apparently hacked control of our browser and AGAIN THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH.

You're welcome. I'm glad to have helped!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.