3.4.5 block youtube?

Go to solution Solved by exile360,

just overinstall to  3.4.5

all good except seems i cant load and stream on youtube any more

it shows buffering then error msg

I try to disable web protection and all the advances settings (in Setting-Protection)  and even put youtube as exclusion but nothing work

also tried disable all chrome extentions and even firewall - nothing works

* I can surf all other websites but somehow youtube is not working

browser: chrome and firefox

* Connect thro OpenVPN

This happen straight after I overstall 3.4.5.

Is anyone having same experience?  pls help & thanks :)

Edited by Jonahsworm
Add details - openVPN

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

• Solution

Same here, I just tested both regular videos and live streams on YouTube and I'm having no issues at all.

Please try right-clicking the Malwarebytes tray icon and selecting Quit Malwarebytes then see if you're able to load the videos/streams.  If you still aren't able to then the problem can't be Malwarebytes because it completely removes itself from memory when you quit/exit the tray.

Thanks for testing and replying :)

must be some voodoo or something... i reset the router and reboot a few times then it seems its working now :)

Sorry for the trouble - it didnt make any sense when it happen to me so I thought I get some help here

MUCH Appreciated again for the help  :)  MB and the experts here is still worthy of my trust 

sorry for the false alarm

pls have a good weekend ahead :)

p/s mod - feel free to remove this post as its resolved and unconcern to general MB user

Edited by Jonahsworm
request mod to remove this post as its unconcern to general MB user

No problem, it's completely understandable given the timing why you would assume it was related to Malwarebytes.  Had it happened to me on my own system I would have assumed the same thing :) .

In all likelihood it was just some kind of temporary hiccup with your ISP or some connection node between where you are and Google's streaming servers causing the connections to timeout/fail.  When you reset everything, it likely refreshed your connection so that you got a better/more reliable route to the servers so the problem went away, or it was just a temporary issue with your ISP or in your area and was fixed in the meantime.

Either way I'm just glad that everything is now working for you as it should be.  If there's anything else we might assist you with please don't hesitate to let us know :) 

Has the dev took off Right Click Scan function in 3.4.5 - is this correct or hv i missed something?

Its a good feature to scan single file or folder quickly - any chance to put in back it the next build ?

Thank you kindly

Edited by Jonahsworm
Spelling correction

It's still there, it just has a tendency of getting broken sometimes after installing a new version.  Typically all you need to do to fix it is open Malwarebytes and go to Settings>Application and below Windows Context Menus toggle the setting Show Malwarebytes options in Windows Explorer off and then on again and it should return.  If it doesn't, then go ahead and restart your computer and see if it is back then.

If you still have any trouble please let me know and we'll get it fixed for you.