Always ask for restart pc to complete malware removal process

I am using Malwarebytes Free v3.4.4.2398, component package v1.0.322, Update package v1.0.4324 in my laptop Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, my question is why Malwarebytes always ask for "restart pc" to complete malware removal process. Other antivirus software can remove malware successfully in most cases without requires restart. It requires restart in case of aggressive malware or running malware. I know that Malwarebytes successfully remove malware during restart without leave any malware traces, but my according it is a time consuming process.

Now my request to team Malwarebytes to add antivirus ability in his product, Malwarebytes can remove most malware, but some things that still depend on antivrus, and because of performance, if Malwarebytes added antivirus ability(even in free version), then no needs to install any other security software, even if it is free.

Malwarebytes.PNG

• Root Admin

Third-Party Testing & Antivirus Replacement

If we provided everything for free then we'd be out of business and our product would not exist. We believe that we provide a very powerful scanning and cleaning tool 100% free. Value-added for real-time protection by purchasing a license.

Thank you

• Root Admin

If you're having issues or errors then its best you run our Support Tool and provide the requested logs.

You can download the tool from the link below. Then click on the small link for Advanced Options and click the Gather Logs option. Then post back that log.

Thank you again @Gaurav27

Just to add, the reason that Malwarebytes always prompts for a reboot whenever removing any malware is because even if it has already successfully removed the threat, it still creates a cleanup script and driver that launch early during the system boot process on the next system start to ensure that the threat is completely removed and stays gone (some threats are capable of regenerating themselves if, for example they include additional watchdog components that monitor for the threat's files being deleted so that it may replace them later).  It's just a matter of being thorough, not an issue of whether or not Malwarebytes has the same capabilities as a traditional antivirus (in fact, many modern antivirus products now work the same way, prompting for a reboot to ensure removal).

I hope that helps to clarify things.  Now I will let you continue to work with AdvancedSetup on diagnosing and cleaning your system.

On 3/22/2018 at 12:26 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

Third-Party Testing & Antivirus Replacement

If we provided everything for free then we'd be out of business and our product would not exist. We believe that we provide a very powerful scanning and cleaning tool 100% free. Value-added for real-time protection by purchasing a license.

Thank you

You are right @AdvancedSetup I can understand your business. I am not saying that I want everything free. Actually my question means that "Malwarebytes developed antimalware scanning engine and other antivirus scanning engine, both are different, and some virus or malware can only caught by antivirus software. So my only request is add this scanning ability in future if necessary, I am not saying that I want everything 100% free. I am not technical expert, but I posted this request as suggestions.

• Root Admin

There are some very esoteric infections that we might not be able to fix if they were active on the system but these type of infections are not in the wild and typically only exist in labs or archives of people that study or work with infection for a living.

On a system that is up to date with Windows security updates from Microsoft as well as updates for plugins like Java and Flash and using our premium version with protection modules, it's going to be reasonably difficult if not near impossible to infect the computer with a dropper that puts one of those old-school infections on the computer. Typically nowadays it a lot of encryption attacks and javascript attacks to the browser via ads. So, using a good Ad-Blocker sadly has become almost a necessity even though some small amounts of advertising are good for some people, but the bad actors have made that hard to keep safe.

If you're using Malwarebytes after the fact as a clean-up tool, then you're certainly leaving your computer open to many types of modern threats that we're pretty good at blocking. No product is perfect and it's always potentially possible that something might get in, but using Malwarebytes with live protection modules running makes a very difficult to infect the computer even for myself and trying on purpose to infect the computer.

As said, we won't be offering those protection modules in the free version.

The complexity of finding, preventing, and cleanup from malware

Thank you @Gaurav27

Ron