High RAM usage kills my computer

Today, Saturday, Jan 27, 2018, when I want to use my computer to look up over the web, my computer froze. I realized later it was MBAM that use up memory, kill the computer and my video card. Reboot helps, but MBAM immediately eats up all the available memory again. I have 32 GB installed running on a i7 chip.

Luckily, I have a smartphone allows me to search and Google immediately shows me that people discovered the issue more than 16 hours ago. MBAM pinned a message in the forum 

I can't wait for them to fix to use my computer again. So I uninstall MBAM.

BAM!!

Of course it fixed the problem, my computer feels fresh again - running much faster than with MBAM.

I am extremely surprised that my i7 chip with 32 GB is not enough to run MBAM. MBAM made EVERYTHING slow on my system, accessing the file system via File Explorer, running Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Opera all slows down extremely over time.

The search made me realized that this "has" been an issue with MBAM in the past. I have been using MBAM premium for years but didn't realize that MBAM is the problem. I am glad MBAM kills itself to alert me to uninstall it and brings back my system performance I missed in the past. At least I am relief that the issue is caused by a single software rather than other issues I thought I was experienced but no solution was able to fix it until today.

• Administrators

Hi @JL215

We're sorry you had issues with our program today. We've addressed the issue and here's what you need to do to fix it.

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

• Update package version 1.0.3803 or higher contains the fix
  • To resolve, simply reboot your machine. In some cases, a second or even third reboot may be needed.
  • To verify you have this update, go to Settings ->  About -> Update package version: 1.0.3803

To learn more about what happened, please go here:

If you continue to have issues or experience new ones, please start a new thread and we'll happily look into that for you.

• celee locked this topic