Web Protection Off

Hi all i renewed my mbam protection less than a month ago and was upgraded to mbam3 (version information included below).The problem i am having is my web protection  keeps turning itself off for no good reason. imo.first time this happened i did a threat scan and that seemed to solve it,but this has happened at least three times since plus today and i cannot get it back.now i appreciate you have come accross this problem before as i was checking your forum but i would like your help please.i am including the most recent scan for what it's worth and also the version information as i said previously.your help with this matter would be most appreciated.

MBAM.png

MBAM Scan.txt

2 minutes ago, FeeDee said:

your help with this matter would be most appreciated.

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues.... Please use an Administrator account when doing the following,

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop. Tell any program that blocks it to ignore or allow. It IS SAFE. It contains no info that can identify or harm you.
  3. NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  4. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  5. Press the "Scan" button
  6. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  7. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  8. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  9. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  10. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  11. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

On 1/13/2018 at 7:30 PM, FeeDee said:

Hope you find them useful.

I think F-secure is the issue this time again.

I would like you to add these files to your Anti-Virus exclusions list as mentioned in this FAQ HERE (my list below includes the exe files as well) Please restart your computer you do this.

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\malwarebytes_assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamwow.exe
  • C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

Also please exclude the following folders too: (The complete folder)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService
Edited by Porthos

Hi Porthos sorry for the delay but could please help with how to include your list in the exclusion section.They won't copy & paste and i cannot type them into the box provided.Also do i include F Secure in the list since you say it may be the culprit.Can i add that i checked the "how to" on this matter and it said to contact,well,basically the forum.As a matter of interest the very first item on the provided list (C:\ProgramFiles\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\Assistant.exe) is not present when i open the file).

5 minutes ago, FeeDee said:

Can i add that i checked the "how to" on this matter and it said to contact,well,basically the forum.

For specific steps on how to add these files to your anti-virus exclusion list, you will need to contact your antivirus provider directly for best results.

3 minutes ago, dcollins said:

This support article should help you set the exclusions in the right location, https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1113

The New SAFE program seems to be different.

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/How-can-I-exclude-an-application/ta-p/56377

How can I exclude an application from scanning?

Question

How can I exclude an application from scanning?

Answer

You cannot exclude applications directly. New applications appear on the exclusion list only if you have excluded them during scanning.

Hi All just completed the list of exclusions except for one.In the C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\ there is a file named malwarebytes_assistant.exe which is added.There is also a second file of the same name  but without the .exe extension which i cannot find in the anti-malware folder.is it me or is this possible.The app is up and running normally again but i fear this might be a false positive for the simple reason i accidently started a scan last night but stoped it just after the check for updates and the "Awesome" report appeared so i will give it a few days before saying it is "cured" if that's ok with you guys.

4 minutes ago, FeeDee said:

but without the .exe extension which i cannot find in the anti-malware folder.

Copy and paste mistake on my part. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, FeeDee said:

i fear this might be a false positive for the simple reason i accidently started a scan last night but stoped it just after the check for updates and the "Awesome" report appeared so i will give it a few days before saying it is "cured" if that's ok with you guys.

Go ahead and restart your computer and rescan and see if it does that again.

Hi sorry for the delay. the reason is I was monitoring my MBAM3 for the past few days,and, thankfully all seems to be fine.I want to say a huge THANK YOU to you Porthos for the attention you gave to this issue.I also want to say thanks to you  dcollins for your contribution also.not for the first time this forum has come up trumps.it is the most responsive and helpful forum that i have ever visited...thank you all again.I am closing this thread and if i need any more assistance (hopefully not) i will start a new thread.Good luck all.

47 minutes ago, FeeDee said:

I was monitoring my MBAM3 for the past few days,and, thankfully all seems to be fine.I want to say a huge THANK YOU to you Porthos for the attention you gave to this issue.

Thanks for the update and your continued support of Malwarebytes. If you have any more issues don’t hesitate to post.:)