Sometimes when I type something into my search bar, it will say: search with Yahoo and not google. MY default browser is google and always has been. In chrome settings, I have no malicious or suspicious extensions, but when I go to IObit uninstaller, it says I have an extension called hTab.  "A great way to search the web, with Yahoo provided search on your new tab. If I force an uninstall through IOBit uninstaller, it successfully uninstalls, but the second I open up chrome it says that hTab has been installed through a program on my computer and I can either add it to chrome or remove it. If I remove it, it still shows up in IObit uninstaller and I can repeat the process. I believe I got this virus from an annoying malware that appeared on my computer a couple of times saying that there was an update for windows and that I needed to install a browser search extension. Could not exit out of this popup and if I went to any other computer program it would just keep popping up. Yes before you ask, I HAVE tried running Malwarebytes and it finds nothing. I have the link for the extension and all of the reviews (including mine) claim it to be malware. Please help me remove this annoying extension from chrome. I also don't know if IObit Uninstaller is a trusted program, it has worked perfectly for everything I have  needed it to do, and if it weren't for it, I would not have known this extension existed

Edited by narwall101
grammatical error

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!