Malware found in VivaVideo

Malwarebytes found a critical issue in my phone. I run a full scan and the result was that a malware was issued in the application known as VivaVideo. 

I appreciate the help. I tried to research this through the web but basically no information was found. What is this malware about?

Screenshot_20170901-163307.png

Hello,

well the Source is, this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quvideo.xiaoying&hl=de

I have tested, by may self. This my old Smardphone, called Samsung Galaxy S3 mini Android 4.2.2, GT-I8200N.

But strange for me is the result, scant this Malwarebytes Mobile 3.0, detected and erased i guess.

Please update, Malwarebytes Mobile 3.0 again, and make a new scan again.

What kind for Smartphone you use, and what kind of Android Os?

MAM

5 minutes ago, Jonikt said:

Yes the download is from google playstore. I am worried if this malware has put me in risk critically and in what way possibly?

This is not also a clean Source, for Malware free APP. They put everything in there, and will not go further or strictly there where one is provided for download, even there one must be careful what one is installed.

MAM

Hi @Jonikt,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.   The rule that is detecting VivaVideo as Trojan.Gabas.a has been in our system since 2014 far before VivaVideo was being triggered by it.  Although it's still unclear why VivaVideo is being triggered as there is no evidence within it's code that it contains the elements used to trigger Trojan.Gabas, we decided to retire this old rule as a precaution.  Future database versions will no longer detect VivaVideo.

Nathan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, OMG my File, or Malware is a  different than the Tread starter has reported. My malware is different. The name: Trojan.HiddenAds.arki. The exact path name: Android / Trojan.HiddenAds.arki / data / app / com.quvideo.xiaoying-1 / base.apk. Sorry for the confusion. I can now delete the debris. Or what?

Source of my App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quvideo.xiaoying&hl=de

The Name of the App, is VivaVideo: Free Video Editor.

Can we still clarify this?

MAM

Screenshot_20170926-201744.png

Edited by MAM
Screenshot