DtServ32.exe

My computer has been turned off for two weeks. When I turned it back on, it almost immediately started giving me a MWB "Website Blocked" box, with an outbound protocol. It comes up with the same IP. domain and filename every time, but a different port. It has ben popping up for over an hour now. I did a scan and it came up empty. I found the file, but cannot delete it. I seemed to rename it, but the new name started coming up o the box. I moved it and that didn't help. I can't find any info at all on the file or the listed website.

I don't want to add it to the exclusion list until I know what the heck it is. The box opop up every ten seconds or so, stays for 4 or 5 seconds, then drops off. It's been going on for a couple hours now. Can anyone help?

Edited by TheLostBoy
Correct spelling

Hi ,

:welcome:

My name is Valinorum and I will be the acolyte today. Before we proceed, please, acknowledge yourself the following(s):

• Please do not create any new threads on this while we are working on your system as it wastes another volunteer's time. If you are being helped/have solved the issue/no longer wish to continue, notify me in your reply and I will quickly close this thread. Failing to comply will result in denial of future assistance.
  • Please do not install any new software while we are working on this system as it may hinder our process.
  • Malware removal is a complicated process and so don't stop following the steps even if the symptoms are not found. Keep up with me until I declare you clean.
  • Please do not try to fix anything without being asked.
  • Please do not attach your logs or put them inside code/quote tags. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post unless directed otherwise.
  • Please print or save the instructions I give you for quick reference. We may be using Safe mode which will cut you off from the internet and you will not always be able to access this thread.
  • Back up your data. I will not knowingly suggest you any course that might damage your system but sometimes Malware infections are so severe that only option we have is to re-format and re-install the operating system.
  • If you are confused about any instruction, stop and ask. Do not keep on going.
  • Do not repeat the steps if you face any problems.
  • I am not an omniscient. There are things even I cannot foresee. But what I know took years to learn and perfect the skill. This site is run by volunteers who help people in need in their own free time. I would ask you to respect their time and be patient as sometimes real life demands our time and replies to you can be delayed.
  • Private Message(PM) if and only if I have not responded to your thread within three days or your query is offtopic and personal. Do not PM me under any other circumstances. Your thread is the only medium of communication.
  • The fixes are for your system only. Please refrain from using these fixes on another system as it may do serious damage.

Upload the file to www.virustotal.com and share the analysis link. 

• Step #1 Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Download and install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the link below --
    • Once the program has loaded, The MBAM dashboard will appear with an alert to update. Update the program should this happen;
      • Navigate to the Settings > tab Protection and ensure that all the options under Scan Options turned on
    • From the Dashboard, navigate to Scan and click on Scan Now;
    • If threats are detected, make sure everything is set to Quarantine and click on Apply actions. If the program asks to reboot your PC, let it do so;
    • On completion of the scan click on Reports > Choose the Scan Report > View Report > Export > Export to .txt file, and save the report to your Desktop.
    • Copy and Paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

• Step #2 Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
    • Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool by Farbar to your Desktop from the link below.
      Download link for 32 bit system
      Download link for 64 bit system
    • Right-click on the program and choose Run as administrator;
    • Put tick-mark on all boxes under Whitelist and Optional Scan;
    • Click on Scan;
    • After the scan two notepad files will be opened --
      • FRST.txt;
      • Addition.txt
    • Copy and Paste the contents of the logs in your next reply.

Valinorum,

Thank you for your reply. As of this morning, the outgoing attempts are not showing up. Or, at least I am not getting the MWB alert.  Yesterday, Skype wanted to do an update. I was busy on it, so clicked the "remind me later" button. Last night, I clicked the Update button and let Skype do the update, then went to bed. This morning, the alerts have stopped. So I am kind of guessing that the alerts might have been related to the Skype update.

MWB has helped me twice before with issues I couldn't resolve. Both times we were (YOU were) successful. I am  a premium member for that reason. I have always been VERY happy with MWB and the help offered. I recommend MWB to others every chance I get

Thank you for offering to help me. At this time I am going to call this resolved. Thanks again,

Walt Brown